Kilrathi War Casualties

I just think the money could have been used to help the homeless, or something better than launching your ass into space...

Yeah, and he paid NASA something to the tune of a few million for every day he spent up in the space station...and the same with the Russians.

Originally posted by Nep Parth
I just think the money could have been used to help the homeless, or something better than launching your ass into space...

So if you got a load of money and could fulfil your dreams, instead you would give a bunch of money to homeless people? You can call me unsensitive, but I wouldn't. My ass would be launched into space. If I had loads of money, I probably would give a bit to charity. But i'd still follow my dreams too and if that means launching my ass into space then so be it.

If I had that much money, I would build my own spacecraft and hire the Russians or other launch capable country besides NASA and launch into space. NASA is just playing stingy with space. It wont be long before private organizations start surfacing and providing the general population a way into space.

RFB

Originally posted by RFBurns
He did in fact launch with a Russian crew aboard a Russian launch vehicle. Quite frankly, it is time for NASA to quit being "stingy" with space. They dont need another 30 years of tests. Its time for civies to get a chance to experience space. Its almost like they want to ban all people except their chosen few to go into space. Well BLAH to that! Who are they to deny us the final frontier! Before long, some wealthy people will start their own space program and build their own vehicles and say "Go fly a kite NASA".

RFB

NASA equipment is incredibly expensive to build and maintain. If it were my stuff, I wouldn't want anyone to play with it either. Besides, space vehicles have a habit of exploding every now and then, which is bad enough without innocent civilians aboard.

NASA is more a testing group than a transport corporation. If you wanted to ride into space, you'd probably be better off building your own space vehicle and using a corporate rocket to launch yourself.

NASA has had full control over space for the last 40 years. We were promised a much larger space station by 2000, space/atmosphere planes that would take us to that station and back, regular tours of the station and orbit rides. But since people like to line their pockets with monies intended for something else, you get what we have today. Everyone knows that the "accidents" are usually caused by cutting corners. Look at why the Challenger exploded. All because of lack of responsibility at NASA and cutting corners in safety.

What is needed is a space agency for the people by the people, not some government controlled beuracratic mess. Perhaps a Wing Commander Civilian Space Agency (WCCSA) or something like that. With the way things are today, it will be another 40+ years before the pesky government and NASA let any civies into space. They think they own space, just like they think they own Earth. It belongs to ALL. Therefore ALL should have access.

I vote for WCCSA!

RFB

Did you know historians say Man would've colonized space by now if it wasn't for the Dark Ages?

Originally posted by LeHah
Did you know historians say Man would've colonized space by now if it wasn't for the Dark Ages?

Artifacts have been found in areas near Giza and Iraq, items like fruit acid batteries, wires and some other stuff that points to "lost knowledge". I wouldnt be suprised that with the ancient runways and very large drawings and arrows you can only see from the air, are in fact ancient space ports and scematics or "map" of where the ports were. Drawings in caves show visits from "creatures" no of this world, dating thousands of years before the birth of Christ. I also believe that the ancients had knowledge that somehow got lost, which contributed to the building of the pyramids, and quite possibly tied to the suspected pyramid and face on Mars. The geographical coordinates of the pyramids and sphynx on Earth are the same as the suspected ones on Mars. They also mathmatically match in size, shape and hight. A coincidence? Maybe, but what is the mathmatical probablity that a naturaly formed "mountian" on Mars would end up in the exact coordinates as they are on Earth, and take the shape of a pyramid and sphynx face? Put the Earth and Mars on pictures, overlay them and wala, they are in fact in the same place! Coincidence? I seriously doubt it.

RFB

Yeah, I personally believe pretty heavily in the "lost ancient civilization" theory. Did you know that the SAME EXACT symbol appears on ruins in Mexico, Italy, Greece, Egypt, and Japan? They beleive and ancient advanced civilization moved to all the ends of the Earth and tought the other ancient civilizations everything they knew.

And yeah, we probably would be pretty advanced by know if it weren't for the damn Huns. Damn Huns. Just imagine how advanced we would be if the hundreds of years of nothing were turned productive. I'd also like to see what's in the feet of the Sphinx. They have evidence that an ancient library exists in the feet of the Sphinx, but the Egyptian government won't allow anybody to enter it for fear of what they may find.

Supposedly, the chamber under the feet of the sphinx is a complete diagram and logs of when the pyramids and the entire Giza platau were built. They detected it using ultrasonics and radar. They found hundreds of underground passages beneath the Great Pyramid and sphinx. Tunnels that lead in all directions. They are just recently clearing out those tunnels.

What is most important about all of this, is that it once exsited on this planet, and the evidence clearly shows that it did. The theory of advanced ancient civilizations are not just thories anymore, as they continue to find things in archeological digs all over the world. Most recent finds were at the city of Pompei (spelling)digs. They found artifiacts that resemble conductors of sorts, almost like high voltage insulators you see on high tension power lines. At the Giza site, the Vally of the Kings, they found plaques with carvings of craft such as the AH-64 longbow chopper, an F-16 fighter jet, and a strange craft with no wings or wheels. The plaque was carbon dated back about 13,000 years. The plaques are solid gold, and look like they were wrapped in protecive coverings. Fox tv network did the special, which aired about 3 or 4 years ago. At that time also, they showed footage from the space shuttle testing a "teather" wire to gather energy from space. The teather broke at the shuttle and it started to drift away. This teather was 12 miles in length. After a few minutes, and as the distance of the teather increased, round disk like objects flew into the camera view next to the teather. Judging their size, they were aprox 2 miles in diamater and about a half mile thick. Drawings of these same "disks" are in caves of ancient indians, the Abriginie and right here in the US in caves in Arizona, Nevada and California. Drawings of these disks dated back 10,000 years.

In another post, I mentioned about the ancients using ruby crystals and the sun to generate cutting beams. They found these artifiacts also near Giza, Mexico City, and a few other places. No doubt at one time in the distant past, there was a knowledge civilization had, but somehow it got lost. Why is anybody's guess. But had that knowledge not been lost, the theory is, that we would be colonizing not only planets within this solar system, but in others as well.

It is quite possible that had man kept that knowlege, perhaps life could have been something like depicted in the WC universe, ST universe or other. Maybe not exactly, with Kilrathi, or Cardasians about, but I do think we would be taking regular trips outside our solar system to other worlds. Perhaps along the lines of Privateer, where we get about in our own spacecraft, much like we do now with cars getting from one place to another. As more artifacts are found and carbon dated, more evidence points to more than just 5,000 years of history, as we are acustomed to hearing. The Earth has been here for millions of years. And Earth has been able to support life for much of those millions of years. Who is to say that visitors never came to Earth in the distant past. Who is to say they did. The one thing that cannot be denied, is the artifacts and drawings and cave paintings and that shuttle video. If they find it on Earth, it IS a part of Earth and mankinds history. And that cannot be simply swept aside.

RFB

The Library at Alexandria was destroyed by the Roman Empire. This set back many technologies an estimated 3000 years.

And NASA doesn't "control space" and it is not a government agency. As I stated before, it's almost entirely pirvately funded now. The US government has a token 10% share of the pie.

Originally posted by Frosty

And NASA doesn't "control space" and it is not a government agency. As I stated before, it's almost entirely pirvately funded now. The US government has a token 10% share of the pie.

Thats what they want you to believe! Its easy for any government to say, "this is the way it is" and people believe it because they hear the same thing over and over. Thats why there needs to be another agency, one for the people, not government approved people like it is today. If NASA was for the people, why dont they have a civilian training program like the Russians do, and why wouldnt they? Its cause they want "control" over who goes into space and who doesnt. And what entitiy would have the most control over anything?....The US Government.

RFB

Time to lay the hammer down...

Why wouldn't advanced civilizations have already contacted us? What, are they "too scared" of that wonderful Terran technology? And how could little civilizations way back when even forsee what an Advanced Tactical Fighter looked like? I think you're giving too much credence to a small picture of a bird that vaguely resembles a jet...

The Dark Ages weren't as bad for mankind as everyone thinks. After they ended, Irish monks released Roman texts and technology jumped after that. The Irish saved civilization by doing this, but we weren't set back all that much. Wanna know where we'd be? About 10 years in the future, that's where. Not all that much.

Damnit, there's no pyramid on Mars. It's been discredited as a photo that's just from the right angle...all the other photos of the same area, from different angles, show no pyramid.

How could they be in the same place when Mars is smaller than Earth?

I don't think you're giving enough credence to the Egyptians. There's a logical progression from ziggurats to pyramids...pyramids reflect the way the suns rays spread over the Earth. We didn't need any extraterrestrial interference...

The Challanger exploded because NASA didn't listen to their damn engineers, and because the media was screaming for a launch. They ignored the signs, they ignored the engineers saying that they had never launched in cold temperatures like those on the day of the launch, and they ignored the black smoke pouring out of the SRB.

They didn't have electricity...what would they use it for?! To power the Sphinx-mobile?!

Considering "cutting beams" like lasers use both rubies and electricity, not things that resemble conductors but big generators consuming a good chunk of power, I'd say they didn't have cutting beams.

Why would the ancients write about extra-terrestrials, anyway? They'd have enough to worry about, worrying about the Hyskos invaders and such...

NASA isn't the only organization in the US to launch vehicles into space, y'know. So you really don't have much of a point there.

i personally hope for the divinci project. they are in a good position to win the X-prize. they are so far the only ones that have tested thier rockets and i think that the canadian government gave them permission to go ahead :D
*maple leaf forever plays in the background* :D

[Edited by $tormin on 05-10-2001 at 20:36]

It was only in recent years in the US, other organizations cropped up with the abiltiy to launch stuff into space. My point was simply NASA has had too much reign on space over the last 40 years. Back then it was ok since space was so new and who better to lead us into space than NASA. Well this isnt 1960 anymore! These other organizations are there because of NASA. They, as well as many others, are tired of waiting on NASA.

RFB

Yeah, I'm waiting to fly in one of those aero-mobiles... as soon as the darned Army lets me use theirs, I'll be up, up and away!

Originally posted by RFBurns
My point was simply NASA has had too much reign on space over the last 40 years.

RFB

Who's fault is that? Not NASA's. If the american people thought that space travel was in some way useful - which is really isn't at this point - they'd have done something a long time ago.

It's not like NASA's holding a monopoly on space travel. That's an absolutely ridiculous notion, but conisdering the source, I'm not surprised.

*picks up phone*
hello, afganastan? i wish to order a few stingers. i want to give a friend a send off he will never forget. thanks
*hangs up phone*
jk. don't sue :p

note: this is ment as a joke. and is not to be taken as a threat to anybody. no animals were harmed during the typing of this post. :)

Back