Kilrathi War Casualties

Well i dont blame them for it. But we never heard if they came back so we dont know if they ever reaffirmed their ties to Confed.

Why would they rejoin Confed? All they ever officially did was leave them to get killed by the Kilrathi.

TC

Well once the war ended im sure there were economical benefits of some kind for them to enjoy. Exporting that drink of theirs to military (in or out of work) personnel alone would make them rich!

Umm... yeah... you still don't want to join a group that left you to die twice... And there are also many reasons against joining the confederation, independance, maintaining their culture, differences in understanding between them and Confed... Also, not that there are Firekans in space, they are capable of trading with other worlds without Confed's help.

TC

Well if they are members of Confed they dont have to pay an import tax.

But that leaving them to die twice thing does seem to indicate how they would act under the circumstances. I did say i dont blame them for leaving.:)

Wow, you'd give up your independance to people who wouldn't bother to protect you so you could avoid tarrifs?

TC

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Only one of those was ever a Confed member race... and they're not anymore. :)
Which one was that? The Firekkans? And when did Confed leave them to die? Assuming you count the time we were forced to retreat in SM2. They're at least not hostile towards Confed are they?

And if Firekkans aren't part of Confed, who are the six non-Terran races who are/were part of Confed?

And then you said that they might join confed to avoid tax on imports, hence me commenting.

The Firekkan's were once left when Confed retreated in SM2/Freedom flight. Many of their leaders were kidnapped when the Kilrathi left the system and Confed once again refused to help. Their flock leader was killed during the taking of hostages.

Rikik, the new leader of the Firekkan flocks, and her aunt K'Kai were present in the final discussions about the Kilrathi treaty in Fleet Action. They strongly dissagreed with the decision to stop the fighting. Rikik withdrew from the confederation in disgust as she knew the Kilrathi would attack. The kilrathi spent much of the time that it was at peace with Confed between WC2 and WC3 harrassing the Firekkans and other non-aligned and border areas.

TC

That just sounds so funny! TC was explaining how bad it was for the Firekkans, and then you have to put in something trivial like avoiding import taxes! :)

No I didn't, silly. If you didn't mean it as saying they should join for that reason, why did you mention it at all? If you think it's a bad reason, then mentioning it is stupid.

TC

All i said was one possible benefit of being a member was no import taxes. Nothing about if they should or shouldnt, or if that was soley a reason for doing so, not to mention i wasnt exactly being serious and if i forgot a smiley face well excuuuuuuuuuuuuse meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

The Varni, Hagarin and Wu are members of Confed -- two of these races have a definite interest in defeating the Kilrathi. :)

Although I have mentioned this SEVERAL times before but to no avail...if ConFed had 500+ worlds and something in the order of 10 Trillion (10 000 000 000 000) people, wouldn't they have more than maybe say 5-10 carriers (or some ridiculously low number stated many a time here)? If I'm not mistaken, the US probably has more than that, and that is only 260 Million people!!!

In addition, it was stated by Nep Parth Earth could support 15 Billion and people are starving because of resource misallocation. What fucking drugs are you smoking? Even if you feed EVERYONE in the world of 15 Billion, what world would it be? One without rainforests, natural landscapes, wildlife, flora and fauna?

Thats no world at all. You couldn't breath (because of no forests), the eco system would break down thus the food web would collapse (no nature, flora and fauna). What are we meant to do, sit in our concrete and suffocate?

The world has almost no forest as it is with 6 Billion. We will be PUSHING our own extinction with 8 billion. 15 Billion, I say again, what drugs are you smoking?

Originally posted by redwolf
Although I have mentioned this SEVERAL times before but to no avail...if ConFed had 500+ worlds and something in the order of 10 Trillion (10 000 000 000 000) people, wouldn't they have more than maybe say 5-10 carriers (or some ridiculously low number stated many a time here)? If I'm not mistaken, the US probably has more than that, and that is only 260 Million people!!!

In addition, it was stated by Nep Parth Earth could support 15 Billion and people are starving because of resource misallocation. What fucking drugs are you smoking? Even if you feed EVERYONE in the world of 15 Billion, what world would it be? One without rainforests, natural landscapes, wildlife, flora and fauna?

Thats no world at all. You couldn't breath (because of no forests), the eco system would break down thus the food web would collapse (no nature, flora and fauna). What are we meant to do, sit in our concrete and suffocate?

The world has almost no forest as it is with 6 Billion. We will be PUSHING our own extinction with 8 billion. 15 Billion, I say again, what drugs are you smoking?

You might want to direct that to those up in Washington, especially G.Wushy Bushy. Talk about wildlife, rainforests and food, ol Bushy boy wants to drill for more oil in wildlife reserves just to line his pockets with more royalties. They say its for the power plants, bahahahah! I got news for ya, 90 percent of the nations power plants are natural gas, coal or hydropowered. What is amazing, is that right now in certian key cities in the US, there are public busses running on hydrogen power plants that produce water as the exaust. Now why cant we move on to that kind of power source when everyone is screaming for more energy, but dont want the planet screwed up?. Answer:..ask the politicians getting kick backs from big oil, yep thats right, the ones you voted for! All of em. Like McCain said during his campaign, "Washington takes the best of people and turns them into crooks within their first year of public service". I couldnt have said it better! Now..wonder how Wushy Bushy is gonna handle this China thing! Ok no more political junk! This is WC CZ! :)

RFB

RFB

But Confed isn't a giant carrier-making mechanism... they entered into the war believing that the carrier was unimportant, and were never able to build a large fleet of carriers -- they're destroyed as quickly or quicker than they can be produced. It takes ten years to built a facility capable of producing a carrier -- and then five years more to have that first carrier enter service... so from 2634 to 2649, Confed was building carriers with only the facilities they had at the outset of the war. Further, even in a group of 10 trillion people, there are only a tiny portion who are capable of the technical expertise required in capship building -- and Confed had to put into service thosuands of destroyers, cruisers and other ships. And this is ignoring the fact that they're trying to build these facilities and comission carriers while in the middle of a major war -- it's hard to get them into service when your planets are consistently having the crap beaten out of them.

Ten to fifteen carriers is reletively sufficient when the *enemy* is only capable of producing that many ships as well...

Sounds like Confed got just enough carriers and battleships out just in time for the war, then had a rough time building new ones while replacing destroyed carriers and fighters. Plus if you consider some of the comments in Privateer about Confed loosing ships left and right to the Kilrathi, we were on a thin patch of ice, and we won!! :)

RFB

Back