Kilrathi War Casualties

Ladiesman^

Spaceman
Hey. I forgot what thread it was in and i'll be dammed if i'm gonna go hunting for it, but someone said something there being a few trillion causualties on both sides?! WTF! In Action Stations, in the forward letter thingy it says there was a few billion, IIRC.

Correct me if i'm wrong here...

Either one is quite a number of deaths! With numbers that high, I dont think it matters that much which one is correct! But it would be nice to have correct data. LOAF could shead some light on this!

RFB

According to the offical WCP guide casualties were:
2.1 trillion Humans and 7.4 trillion Kilrathi

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 05-02-2001 at 15:55]

Holy schamoly, seriously. I knew they were that high, but what's the human population on all the worlds? We only own about 50 worlds. Each world can support, maybe, 15 billion (Terra can, we only have world hunger because of mismanagement). Even accounting for the 40-odd years of the war, that's still way too many...

Originally posted by RFBurns
Either one is quite a number of deaths! With numbers that high, I dont think it matters that much which one is correct! But it would be nice to have correct data. LOAF could shead some light on this!

RFB

you are saying a number of an order of magnitude doesn't much matter, WTF are you smoking?

Scuse, but 50 worlds, where does that come from, I would have guessed 300-500

[Edited by Napoleon on 05-02-2001 at 16:18]

Originally posted by Nep Parth
Holy schamoly, seriously. I knew they were that high, but what's the human population on all the worlds? We only own about 50 worlds. Each world can support, maybe, 15 billion (Terra can, we only have world hunger because of mismanagement). Even accounting for the 40-odd years of the war, that's still way too many...

Trillion sounds too much. But I know that there is a difference in American and, lets say, German Terms

So what does Trillion mean?

In German, we have

1.000.000.000 Milliarde
1.000.000.000.000 Billion
1.000.000.000.000.000 Billiarde
1.000.000.000.000.000.000 Trillion

I think that is different in English

My point Nap is that with a number of deaths in the trillions or billions, is that its too many deaths either way you look at it. Too many!

RFB

My point Nap is that with a number of deaths in the trillions or billions, is that its too many deaths either way you look at it. Too many!

RFB

Correct, if it was a war that great, it could well have been 1 us billion (german milliard, 1000000000), but not more (WW2 had 100million dead)

The letter in Action Stations refers only to those lost during the opening movements of the war -- 30 billion people... which should be a good indicator of how trillions of people were killed.

Confed has over a thousand colonized systems -- many of which have more than one colonized world. The Kilrathi have roughly the same number...

Certainly more than 50 -- the WCP map alone, a small portion of the systems we have developed, has hundreds of systems...

If entiere worlds were slaughtered, the casualties must have been very high !
Nevertheless I don't expect the density of population to be very high on every confed worlds. I mean in the few centuries of space colonization, mankind couldn't have the time to grow so much that it reached so many trillions !

Well based on how fast the Earth's population has grown over the last 20 years, it wouldnt be impossible for man to fill up a few hundred systems with colonies within a few *hundred* years!

RFB

Well based on how fast the Earth's population has grown over the last 20 years, it wouldnt be impossible for man to fill up a few hundred systems with colonies within a few *hundred* years!

RFB

This depends a lot upon the economical development of the new colonies. Of course, there will be more people than today, but if we look at all industrial countries, their population is decreasing (the us have a positive growth due to immigration) Even though we have to consider that most colonies might not be very rich, I think it is unlikely that they will have a great growth like we see it in Africa today.

However if we take, lets say, 600 planets and assume an average of 10 million people per planet, we get the same population that we have on earth today, so it is not impossible (in that case we could assume that the colonies would face the same development that the US had in the last few centuries, which really could give a huge population growth) to get a huge population outside of earth, but I think it is unlikely to get several billion people (and these were only the ones that were killed, if we assume that there will survive at least as many as there were killed, population would be even higher than 1 billion(10^12) , and that is too much.

You might also consider that the Confederation is made up of several races (at least seven, at last count) -- although the number given in the guide says 'humans', it certainly refers to all species in the Confederation...

So why we don´t see any other race apart of the Firekkans???
(maybe in WC3,WC4,WCP isn´t cheap to do new puppets, but in WC1,WC2, or P why not???)

We *do* see other races in WC1 -- not Confed races, but other races none the less... the Mopoks, for instance.

C'mon. It's the "Terran Confederation". Humans rock. We're much better than any other race in the galaxy, man. As Winston Zedmore once said, "We got the tools, we got the talent."

Besides, Terrans and Kilrathi are the two superpowers in the galaxy. Together, we soak up most of the casualties.

But the Terran COnfederation includes at least six non-Terran races... all of which fought the Kilrathi...

Back