I bring good news

I have signed that petition that had the WC movie on it.
I dont think that EA does not care.
Remember Origin is now.....nothing to EA, 85 out off 200 laid off people (good for Lord Brittish that was) were from Origin, only UO adons will be made for now (like the 23219374636716343 age or something), not good, but seeing the way that EA is going that is no suprise to anyone.

Oh, Origin isn't responsible for WC any more? EA is? Good, for me it doesn't matter to whom I'd have to write even if it is the devil (LOL what was that, I don't believe in god, and so not in the devil,too)...but I don't want to do it alone here...if some people in other countries also tried to bring the articles in game-magazines, it could become a good campaign. I am standing to it. If it is made in other countries too, I am the first one whom sits in front of the PC and writes...but only Germany brings nothing...that few people. What we'd need then would be someone whom does the same in the Netherlands, Belgium, France, the USA, Australia and everywhere where WC was popular. Then it could become the bombardement I am talkíng from. But even if 20000 Germany would write, do you really believe that could bring EA to change their mind? I don't think so...it must come from partly everywhere! It must be a good started chain reaction. I am ready to make the beginning but what does this bring if nobody follows?

It took WCSESCRPR forty years to collect 500 signatures. Don't expect a lot of support from the online community, and don't expect EA to care either way.

Origin was fully intergated in EA years ago, Origin games develement projects must be aproved by EA, the Origin president is chosen by EA, everthing that happens in Origin cames from EA.
Unfortunate my germany friend, EA does not wish to make games based on WC universe, the prove that are many fans to the WC U that stay loyal after all this time does change the fact that we can do little to make EA see that a new WC game would have good sales.
For this moment EA belives that the online based game is the only thing that deserves any developent, despite all problems that EA and other have getting any profits out of online only games.
Why?
simple because online games require too much investiment (and long term) to be profitable, perment worlds that change require a lot of staff 24 h a day, 7 days a week.
add that server cost and other things and even the mothly pay will not cover cost.
Also players will eventualy leave for another product after some time.
But EA is still on that path, that is costing money that does not (but EA belives that it does, one just have to look to recent moves that they have done) grow on trees, that is taking is toll on EA, hence EA recent lay off.
I hope that EA sees their fooly in choising that path (being nº1 in online games neans nothing now) and returns to let origin return to the games that are gameing landmarks, Wing commander, Crusader, ....strike.
If not.....well this is a dog world, many software houses have gone under, EA is not above the those, god will not game down to help then.

Well IMO, EA/OSI are letting a good thing die out. Good thing for sites like CIC and Blacklance HQ etc to keep it alive. Maybe all these mod makers and other talented people should get together and create a whole new game, call it Wing Commanders, trademark that name and forget this rediculous wait for EA/OSI to sit on their six and keep us all in the dark. At this rate, we will all be in our graves before they (EA/OSI) build up enough webbos to make a new WC game.

RFBurns

:rolleyes: Why are we still here if there's no hope? Why do we hang up after a 'dead thing' (quote of my parents which now get a crisis if they see this black sie on the desktop)?
Oh, I hate that... always black-painting. Why don't we stay WC fans but also go with the time? there are still good SF games LIKE WC. It's quality will propably never be reached...but we could also move to another game what all the others did if there really is no hope. At the moment I am really asking myself what I am doing here every day. Becoming every day a little more judged to be crazy by my parents because they don't see any reason why I am spending so much time here.
Can everybody tell me a good reason, why I should then stay here, if most of you believe it is 'end'? In fact we are talking every day about more or less the same themes. If it is really end like some here really believe why don't we WAKE up? How long will the CIC still exist if there'll never be a new WC? One day the members will become less and less and one day, all of you will be gone...how long do you think will you post here? Until we are old and gray? That don't you really believe if nothing happens on the side of EA/Origin! Or maybe EA/Origin will kick this site one day off its servers. Everything is possible.

Because it is us, the fans and places like the CIC that will keep WC alive despite what EA/OSI does or does not do. There is alot of talent out here that could revive WC in many different ways. If it were not for these places and the dedication of the fans like us all, WC would be like alot of other games, collecting dust in some box shoved behind a pile of crap in a deep dark basement!!

RFBurns

Originally posted by Manjana
(...)but we could also move to another game what all the others did if there really is no hope. At the moment I am really asking myself what I am doing here every day. Becoming every day a little more judged to be crazy by my parents because they don't see any reason why I am spending so much time here.
Can everybody tell me a good reason, why I should then stay here, if most of you believe it is 'end'? (...)

Let me tell you, what Prince Thrakhath, prince of Kilrah, the fang of Sivar, destroyer of worlds, would answer you:
YOU SPEAK TREASON, MANJANA! ;)

Remember to write real letters... e-mail doesn't cut it, because companies generally disregard it.

How bad do you want it?

EA stock is now at 54.75. If you really, REALLY want to see the WC/Privateer universe to get attention, buy some stock, and write to EA *as a stockholder*. In fact, I think I just might do that.. (I own 100 shares).

Anybody wanna join me?

Easy Money

Originally posted by Manjana
:rolleyes: Why are we still here if there's no hope?
There is hope. It's pretty likely WC will return some day. But there's absolutely nothing we can do to speed up the process.
How long will the CIC still exist if there'll never be a new WC?
The CIC will be around forever. At least until the last staff member dies and his credit card expires.

Or maybe EA/Origin will kick this site one day off its servers.

Too late :)

Re: How bad do you want it?

Originally posted by Easy Money
EA stock is now at 54.75. If you really, REALLY want to see the WC/Privateer universe to get attention, buy some stock, and write to EA *as a stockholder*. In fact, I think I just might do that.. (I own 100 shares).

Anybody wanna join me?

Easy Money

Id gladly put my entire montly paycheck into EA stock if there were some miniscule indication of a new WC game to be worked on. So far nothing! But then again, maybe that layoff thing and getting rid of that head dude that cancelled PO will get things moving in the right direction.

RFBurns

Re: Re: How bad do you want it?

Originally posted by RFBurns
Id gladly put my entire montly paycheck into EA stock if there were some miniscule indication of a new WC game to be worked on. So far nothing! But then again, maybe that layoff thing and getting rid of that head dude that cancelled PO will get things moving in the right direction.
Actually, I think it means just the opposite. Origin is being shoved into the role of a UO maintenance crew. When a company whose motto is "We Create Worlds" stops developing new games - new worlds - because they're afraid their new game might be competition for an old game, you know something's very, very wrong.

To be fair, I don't think the guy that cancelled PO really deserves all the hate that WC fans seem to feel towards him. His decision actually made sense, considering Origin's funding, and the fact that PO was barely even started.

And on a sidenote, I visited Origin's official UO board a few days, and was greatly surprised to find that there was a whole lot of people posting about how great it is that UO2 was cancelled. Isn't that pathetic?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Remember to write real letters... e-mail doesn't cut it, because companies generally disregard it.

I want to ask again: Would it be possible that the CIC starts a petition, and when "enough votes" (how many would be enough?) are collected, prints it and sends it "as a real letter" to EA/OSI?

[Edited by Jochen on 03-28-2001 at 01:37]

Originally posted by Jochen
I want to ask again: Would it be possible that the CIC starts a petition, and when "enough votes" (how many would be enough?) are collected, prints it and sends it "as a real letter" to EA/OSI?

As it has been stated, earlier on this thread, there already a petition like this. It didn't work.

Re: How bad do you want it?

Originally posted by Easy Money

Anybody wanna join me?
/B]

Let's found a corporation a do an Hostile Takeover! :)

There is NO way EA would listen to us. Why? Because they are a huge corporation moved by money (like any other one). Money makes the world go round and it's not a bunch of fans that are going to change the ways of a multinational. Remember, they have their own goals and objectives wich obey to a pruduction politic wich was decide a long time ago.

If there's a RTS craze, they invest in Westwood.
God-like fever? Funds to Maxis.
Sports are hot? Money to produce another Fifa or NHL.

So, all we have to do it´s to wait, wait and wait some more. Space-sims are not dead.

Oh, I am speaking what, Mekt? I only faced reality yesterday... I will spend my life on more important things now. That doesn't mean, I won't come here any more, but yesterday I made a compromise with myself and my parents. I will only come here one time a day. I'll spend my Internet-time on things which bring me more. It will be a loss of quantity but not one of the quality of my letters....
it is better for me. I forgot many other important things. And I now saw what most of you and especially you Mekt call trash. It is reality even if most of you and till yesterday even me closed the eyes in front of it. I don't do it any more and I made the consequences.
And Kris: Be real and serious. As Admin you have to hold the hope high because the others also have hope if you say you have it. But in fact: The chat here will be forgotten one day, because it will alter. All people here will become older and change their interests...away from WC, if there won't come anything any more what is the most propable case.
It is utopic to say it'll last forever...nothing lasts forever, but the life goes on and people have to with the time...there doesn't stay so much time for things which you began as you were (how old, 14 like Napoleon, 20...?). You will also go with the time and you 'll be interested in games for ex. which are actual, what WC in my eyes will never be anymore.

Back