I bring good news

Was that a serious question Dragonbenny? If really then you are not good informed. In the CIC you can read WC has been chancelled by Origin/Ea more than a year ago. So it can take a couple of years until they could be so kind to make a new one (I mean with that, until they have the opinion they could make money with it again). But at the moment no new one is in sight.
And Meson: I know where I've been all the time. But with it I meant WC hasn't been forgotten outside our fan community. By the computer gamers who enjoyed it, but whom aren't member here...

Some of those poeple haven't forgotten WC either. I caught someone talking about WC on an anime webboard last week.

Oh we are all optimists...we are all still waiting. And we don't want to believe it is maybe senseless. For me it doesn't matter. I'll wait forever and longer. The last thing I could do is giving up hope. For that WC is too good. It hasn't deserved to be forgotten! :)

Originally posted by Manjana
Oh we are all optimists...we are all still waiting. And we don't want to believe it is maybe senseless. For me it doesn't matter. I'll wait forever and longer. The last thing I could do is giving up hope. For that WC is too good. It hasn't deserved to be forgotten! :)

I agree, there's always hope...

Just this morning I found a recent interview with Ultima creator Richard Garriott (who left Origin when Ultima 9 was finished) where he says now that his "No competition agreement" with EA will run out in about 8 days he thinks about to return to Austin and "visit some old friends who may be searching a job":D, build a new team and continue UO by himself!!!

I don't know what kind of "No competition agreement" exists between Chris Roberts and Origin/EA, but I think there maybe a chance that if Origin/EA are not willing to continue WC, "someone else" will do it!

There we're back at the decision, if somebody else does it how he'll do and what WC will become then. I didn't have anything against the way Origin/EA produced it and I 'd be happy if they'd continue this way. But this is not very propable. So it is just a possibliity that somebody else will do. But Origin/Ea have the rights and they won't give them to another firm for an apple and an egg....so it is the question whether WC is interesting for another firm.

That was also what I wanted to say. In my eyes Origin/Ea are sitting on WC and its rights like a hen onto its eggs. Just with the difference Origin/Ea isn't clear with itself what they should do with it. First it was unrentable so they put it on ice until it gets sour or until they have the opinion to be able to make money with it again...doesn't matter which way.

They (EA/OSI) can make plenty of profit on the next WC game if they dont attempt to take on Hollywood. But since they have in the past, that may be what scares them into making a new WC game. Maybe they need some poll or something, send out emails or something to get an idea of what they should do. Movies or no movies, a new WC game is long overdue!

RFBurns

If I were to send a letter to EA/OSI it would probably be the 100,000 letter they have gotten! They know that we know. They are being stubborn! Oh well, time for another round of WCII. :)

RFBurns

The mistake is that we're all assuming everybody else is doing something. :) If everybody who could wrote a letter, maybe we'd have some effect...

Hey LOAF, I like that idea... :) Guys, we have to show them, that there are people out there who really want the WC series to continue...

Just tell us where to send the letters, LOAF... :)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The mistake is that we're all assuming everybody else is doing something. :) If everybody who could wrote a letter, maybe we'd have some effect...

That remembers me of the petition that was send (was it?) to Origin to get the WC engine source code (details can be found in the CIC news archive 08/2000).

LOAF, do you know if/what Origin did answer? Do you think it would be useful if the CIC would prepare a similar petition to collect votes for the "continuation" of WC? Or has this already been made and I missed it?

They said 'no'. Then Jumper got all huffy and said how disrespectful the formatting of the letter was, or somesuch. Then we all had a good laugh about that.

TC

LOL. I could make him become angry..I still got the registration cards of P and WC4. Maybe I can send them with the letter...but maybe I will really write. But I can even imagine the answer...we feel very sorry...etc.
And I even don't know whether he's able to read my bad English...or whether the letter doesn't land from the beginning in refuse...

We should send these letters more or less at the same time, so it would (perhaps) impress them more. Anyway, if something is planned, you can count me in.

Yeah, of course....me too. WC is worth the porto for the letter to the USA! Maybe we could plan such a letter-event....but this should be written in the CIC...more people post- WC has better chances...or we could even write a letter to Game-magazines where we call people up to send letters or mails! If they press it, many people should bomb EA . That would really be great! Even if it brings nothing, but it would really be cool to imagine.EA sinks right down under the post, their server gives up and goes on its knees...LOL. BTW I 'd really like that...I'd even write the letter and the rest of the German and European fan team could sign it before it goes to the game-magazines...,or Mekt? And if some in the USA also did that, it could give a bombastic event...all people always say they regret WC is dead, but nobody ever does anything...maybe the game magazine (whom also said they regret that) would also press it....if we don't try we cannot know what happens...nothing or much.:) What do you mean?

Originally posted by TC
They said 'no'. Then Jumper got all huffy and said how disrespectful the formatting of the letter was, or somesuch. Then we all had a good laugh about that.

TC

TC, what do refer to with "They said 'no'"?
The petition to get the WC engine source code or a petition/letter to continue WC?

Manjana, of course I would like to participate, too, if a letter to EA is written...

Back