I bring good news

Blasphemy :eek: ! Well I suppose if you most have your Mortal Kombat you could always play mortal pong :D .

[Edited by Dekkar on 03-28-2001 at 23:03]

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Hehe, Jumper is the guy who did the 'engine source code release petition' and disappeared angrily because Origin wasn't "respecting" him, or somesuch.

Anyway, that's pretty much what a form letter is -- I'll write one and get it put at the CIC.

Thanks, LOAF!!!

BTW, how good/friendly is the relationship between the CIC and Origin/EA (I hope there is/was one, at least in the past!) by now?

THE CIC Admins and origin talk to each other on almost a daily basis, and some of them know each other personally.

Originally posted by Dekkar
Blasphemy! Well I suppose if you most have your Mortal Kombat you could always play mortal pong.
Mortal Kombat *is* Pong. It has better graphics, sound, and different controls, but at its heart, it is nothing more than a Pong clone.

Originally posted by Meson
THE CIC Admins and origin talk to each other on almost a daily basis, and some of them know each other personally.

Good to know...

Another thing that lets me hope that "we will succeed":)

I think this (from the CIC news page) fits very well in here:

"... there'll come a day when we'll come back. If it takes a hundred years, we'll come back..." - Adm. Geoffrey Tolwyn

[Edited by Jochen on 03-29-2001 at 11:52]

I just hope they dont hold that 100 year thing too seriously! I mean I dont know if they will have something to prevent getting older so we can be around when that new game does come out!

RFBurns

"Were getting tired of hanging around!" [Jim Morrison, The Doors/When The Music is Over]

[Edited by RFBurns on 03-29-2001 at 12:00]

The whole quote...

"Go ahead and do it now," Geoff replied coldly, "but by God, Baron, tell Thrakhath that if he does, there'll come a day when we'll come back. If it takes a hundred years, we'll come back and we'll watch Kilrah as it's burned to ashes."

Well, it might not have burned to ashes, but it burned good, didn't it? :)

So Tolwyn and the Baron communicated? Over what, the telephone? :) Or was it face-to-face?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Via translight signal.

Is that pointing flashlights at eachother and flipping them on and off in tune with morse code or is that some form of sub-space communitcations? :)

RFB

Back