How are you keeping your space combat craving satisfied?

Well, for new WC games, how about a complicated flight sim? I can see it...Wing Commander: Hellcat 4.0 !

Originally posted by Wulf
Well, for new WC games, how about a complicated flight sim? I can see it...Wing Commander: Hellcat 4.0 !

This could seriously rock. Use either a Hellcat or a Vin and carry out missions that you saw in the movie section of the battle for Circe:) I know that there's some fic on Raptor's site about these battles.

If you had the know how, it probably wouldn't be too hard to create WC fighters for MS Flight Simulator. I don't know if you could create a deep space environment, though, so you might need to stick to the atmosphere capable fighters.

Wulf, you've answered my prayers! That would be so clutch :D

Originally posted by Bob McDob

I thought of that :(

But yours was probably Wing Commander: Epee 4.0 :p

I think the only Wing Commander fighter physically, really capable of atmospheric flight is the Morningstar, thus would be the easiest one to throw into a flight sim.

Originally posted by Chip
Need I say more?

Try Echelon :)

Originally posted by Col.Dom
I think the only Wing Commander fighter physically, really capable of atmospheric flight is the Morningstar...
As LOAF put it, the Morningstar and the Stiletto look like they're leftovers from Strike Commander. :)

[But if you think about it, plenty of Confed fighters look atmospheric capable just by their apparent similarity to air fighters: Hornet, Rapier (possibly), Sabre...]

Originally posted by Wedge009
As LOAF put it, the Morningstar and the Stiletto look like they're leftovers from Strike Commander. :)

... and how true LOAF's statement is. I didn't care much for the Stiletto. The Morningstar was an excellent warbird, in my eyes. Plus, the mace is just my style :cool:

Quite frankly, I didn't know why they just didn't upgrade the Morningstars and keep using them like the Rapier or Excalibur.

Well, LOAF had made a comment that, although we don't see any Morningstars in WC3, doesn't mean they weren't still in regular service. I like going with that notion, since I am a big Morningstar fan. A supporting factor to LOAF's comment is that the Victory was pressed for supplies and aircraft, being a light carrier and way out on the boondocks and- as Eisen so nicely puts it when you eject- the last on the supply list.

If you look at the Victory's fighter compliment, it's pretty olskoo stuff. Hellcats & Arrows were pretty old by that time.... As for the Excaliburs, they were going wherever Blair was for his run on Kilrah ;)

Still, I would have liked to fly a Morningstar in the WC3 engine :(

This is not including the fact that the Morningstar may have been a *special operations only* fighter given only to the covert sects of the Confed military....

Hmmm well said...and YES I definitely agree on the part of using the Morningstar on the WC3 or P engine!

YES I definitely agree on the part of using the Morningstar on the WC3 or P engine!

There's a WC fan project (UE or one of the other ones?) that has Morningstars in a post-Prophecy engine and they look uber-sveet!

Who knows? Maybe Chris Roberts will finally pay me up and release Maniac Missions with Morningstars in it available to the player :p

Oh yeah!! Flying Morningstars and Hellcats in the WC4 engine... and all about THE MAN!!

I looked on the CIC, and the fan projects are all either unfinished or not started yet! Either that or the progress statistics haven't been updated....? If there are any that are functional, could someone email me which ones are and how to install them? Thank you!

If by 'Post-prophecy' you mean the version of the Vision engine used in SO... That was a slighly odd way to put it :)

Also, the 'Maniac Missions' were never a serious project.

Originally posted by TC
Also, the 'Maniac Missions' were never a serious project.

Weep not for Maniac Missions... but for yourselves! Twas to be an excellent title!

I was quite disappointed when I never saw anything any time after WC4... then saw Prophecy released... then heard here that it was vapor ware :(

Yeah, you pessimistic bastards!!! LOOK AT WHAT YOUR NEGATIVE WAVES HAVE DOOOOONE.....!!! Think positive for a change...geez.
*end rant*

Back