How are you keeping your space combat craving satisfied?

Originally posted by Raptor

The UBW may be poor, but they throughly whipped the Black Lancers' genetically perfect arses. :D

If by 'whipped' you mean 'ran to the Confederation who took care of it'

Originally posted by TC

Just as the Black Lancers were trying to trick Confed into going to war with the Border Worlders. Gaining Confed's alleigence was the ultimate prize in the battle both for the BL and the BW in WC4, a battle in which they were competing directly against each other and on which the survival of each depended. The differance is that the Border Worlders did it by showing Confed the truth, and they won. The Black Lance tried to do it by lies and terrorist attacks, and they failed, in the process losing their Dragon wings and their supercarrier. The fact that the Border Worlders beat the Black Lance so throughly at their own game was directly responsible for the Black Lance's downfall.

PS: Who better to take care of a problem than those who create it?

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Wedge009
Just wish we (mankind) could solve all the problems we have created. :(

Eh, usually we can-it just ends up coming down to the next generation or two to solve them for us. (Whether through vast political reform, or through bloodshed. :( )

I forgot who said this, but:

"I must study tactics and warfare, so my children may study politics and government so their children can study art and music"

Originally posted by LeHah
"I must study tactics and warfare, so my children may study politics and government, so their children can study art and music"
That's very well said. Not sure if it's a good philosophy though...

Originally posted by LeHah
"I must study tactics and warfare, so my children may study politics and government so their children can study art and music"

That was a very beautiful quote. :)

I study the ways of Tux!!!
w00t w00t
but really, ask urself, "got root?"
or possibly, "who own's your base?"

Originally posted by TC

More like 'ran to the Confederation's Greatest Hero who took care of it'

But seriously, the UBW couldn't lose. They had Blair! And Maniac! An unstoppable combination!

Hmm, I'm wondering if Maniac detracts rather than contributes to Blair's heroic actions.

"What we need... is a bonafide hero." :)

Originally posted by Bob McDob

More like 'ran to the Confederation's Greatest Hero who took care of it'

But seriously, the UBW couldn't lose. They had Blair! And Maniac! An unstoppable combination!
I think it was more a case of Confed's greatest hero running to the Border Worlds when he had pretty much given up on fixing things by remaining within the Confed system. The Project was far too well connnected for Blair to stop it on his own, so he went where he had a chance to put things right.

Best, Raptor

Okay, okay, I can take a hint, LOAF. :D Not another Black Lance thread, I promise. (I'm heading off to a conferance tomorrow, anyway.)

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Wedge009
Just wish we (mankind) could solve all the problems we have created. :(
Originally posted by Skyfire

Eh, usually we can-it just ends up coming down to the next generation or two to solve them for us. (Whether through vast political reform, or through bloodshed. :( )

Perhaps, if to what you are reffering is not environmental; We've done plenty of damage that we cannot undo and created plenty of problems that we cannot solve on this little green planet of ours. And don't even get me started on the multiple cases of genocide in human history— wiping out a nation or a race is not exactly a way of solving problems we've created! Unless you're a war monger, in which case, you might believe that it is... but then you're just plain wrong.

No, I wasn't just thinking of the environment (use but don't abuse, one friend put it). But yeah, the things we do to each other is also what I was thinking of, and yes, I know there's way too much to discuss without blowing the pockets (or at least their wallets) of the admins.

Originally posted by Lelapinmechant

Perhaps, if to what you are reffering is not environmental; We've done plenty of damage that we cannot undo and created plenty of problems that we cannot solve on this little green planet of ours. And don't even get me started on the multiple cases of genocide in human history— wiping out a nation or a race is not exactly a way of solving problems we've created! Unless you're a war monger, in which case, you might believe that it is... but then you're just plain wrong.

I agree, I wasn't talking of only environmental issues (which I'm sure you gathered.) Although I do have to question your last statement, only because of the fact that I'm not really sure that humanity has ever wiped out an entire RACE of people. Nations, sure, but usually inter-marrying as well as simple sublication tend to work out far better. (Although I do agree that only the war mongers would tend to see it that way.)

Back