Complete WC GOG fixes and tweaks

TCSTigersClaw

Greek Special Forces B' Company "Naoussa" 2007-200
Hello guys I have gathered enough info and tested all WC GOG games.Credits go to various GOG and WC forum members that contributed with info and patches.
WC1/2/Academy/Privateer : Roland MT32 sound fixes

First download MUNT http://sourceforge.net/projects/munt/ ( I also attach ROMS for it ) .Install it ,open it and select Options---->Rom configuration and select the folder with the Roms I provide.Now go to Control Panel ,Sounds and Audio Devices ,Audio .In the bottom that says MIDI music playback choose default device "MT-32 Synth Emulator".

Replace the files in your C:\GOG Games\Wing Commander 1 and 2 Directories with the ones I provide in the Wc1 and Wc2 zips.Now you have Roland MT-32 emulation and speech in Wing Commander 2.

WC3 Joystick Issues and Movies.

Movies /Win95 upgrade: Download this patch http://www.share-online.biz/dl/BNXKW1UMC2
Go to your WC3 GOG folder.Extract DATA.DAT to a folder (use winrar or 7z).Unzip the patch there.
Create a shortcut of WC3 NoScanlines and run that instead of your regular Wc3.It includes ddhack.

Joystick problem: That was rough.Download Wc3Joy.zip.
Extract it to your Wc3 GOG folder.Extract my Wc3.zip to replace your .conf file.

WC4 Low sound movies fix

Just download the latest AC3 driver.Open it and volume up the main sound.I attached
the latest version

WCP DVD and Enchancment patch (also for SO)

Download the DVD movies from CIC found here https://www.wcnews.com/wcpedia/DVD_Movie_Upgrade_Patch

Extract them all to a folder named "movie" and put it in your WC Prophecy GOG directory.
Download and Install this https://www.wcnews.com/wcpedia/OpenGL_Patch
And then Extract WCP.zip I provided to your GOG Prophecy Directory.You may also have to remove
any compatibility that are preselected from Prophecy.exe and secretops.exe (right click and uncheck Win98 compatibility).

Wing Commander Academy Crash/Roland Sound

Sound:Look at WC1/Wc2 solution and just extract my WCA.zip to the WcA GOG folder.

Crash:When you try to execute a mission the game Crashes.Gauntlet plays fine.To fix this ,create a mission normally. SAVE it .Then LOAD it and play.It should work.Dont save and execute.Save LOAD and then execute.

Wing Commander Privateer 2 Fixes

Various fixes ,slowdown patch and movie upgrade. Extract P2.zip to your GOG Privateer 2 directory.Create a shortcut of DARKFIX.exe and run this one instead of the regular .exe

Attachments

• Munt ROMS.zip
    481.5 KB · Views: 8,002
  • wc3joy.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 929
  • Wc3.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 859
  • ac3filter_2_6_0b.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 1,496
  • WCP.zip
    759.9 KB · Views: 1,150
  • WCA.zip
    157 bytes · Views: 563
  • P2.zip
    467.7 KB · Views: 726
Last edited by a moderator:
No ,Wing Commander 3 has nothing to do with Roland.Kilrathi Saga version has different Music.Tre though

For some reason Wc1.zip and Wc2.zip patches didnt upoloaded. I cant edit my first post so I will upload them here.

They contain modified .conf and .cfg files so you can work the Roland Emulation

Attachments

• Wc1.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 1,083
  • Wc2.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 887
Well I'm not sure what your patch does for WC3, I take it it is no longer a dos application? But in the dos vesion you could use the mt32 for wc3. Really though General Midi was much better especially if you are using a modern sound font.

I think that you should point out that these fixes are primary set for windows, for the mac releases of GOG, you have to different things. For instance, the boxer standalone apps, from which wc1 and 2 are shipped, already have munt as a framework. They just need the rom files to be installed by boxer. And of course the config file changes of the games from a*** to r.

Its for the GOG Windows (dosbox) versions only yes. I just cofigured .conf and .cfg nothing else.The patches are just for people who dont know how to configure their dosboxes. Wc3 patch is mostly for video quality .Wc3 had a different Music.tre as I sain in tKilrathi Saga. I have never heard of WC3 Dos running in MT32 I will look into it.

I cant edit my first post ,you are right I should make it clear its for Windows versions of GOG :)

I double checked, actually the DOS version of WC3 does work with the Roland SCC-1 and the Roland Rap-10 per its install guide. But I doubt it will work with the Munt program which was meant to emulate the Roland MT-32.

Nice work though. :)

It's a shame I cannot experience this on Windows 7, without having to do a registry hack. The only way I found to select the MIDI emulator, since MS decided to opt out this little option.

WCP.zip is corrupted. I've downloaded it twice to be sure. Can you re-upload? Or is it the same as wcpdvd_16_nov_2013.7z found on this site?

WCP.zip seems to be a .rar archive that has a .zip extension. It opens fine with 7zip but Windows explorer chokes on it.

Good job on this, soldier. All fans everywhere will benefit from this.

When I apply the instructions for the WCP enhancement on my GOG copy it asks for a CD on launch. Does anyone have this problem? I followed it step by step. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

When I apply the instructions for the WCP enhancement on my GOG copy it asks for a CD on launch. Does anyone have this problem? I followed it step by step. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
No problem here. Did you ensure that you copied the files in to the patch folder as detailed in the readme?

"Copy into this directory the following files from the CDs:

- data.tre (cd1)
- gf.tre (cd1)
- gf2.tre (cd2)
- gf3.tre (cd3)

The install program needs to find these files here.

Mario Brito
(HCl)"
Thats for the OpenGL.

And for the movies you put all the .vob files in to the movie directory?

You may have to wait for further help, that's the extent I can go. Also try applying and testing each patch separately to narrow down the issues.

No problem here. Did you ensure that you copied the files in to the patch folder as detailed in the readme?

"Copy into this directory the following files from the CDs:

- data.tre (cd1)
- gf.tre (cd1)
- gf2.tre (cd2)
- gf3.tre (cd3)

The install program needs to find these files here.

Mario Brito
(HCl)"
Thats for the OpenGL.

And for the movies you put all the .vob files in to the movie directory?

You may have to wait for further help, that's the extent I can go. Also try applying and testing each patch separately to narrow down the issues.

I started over from scratch and tested the game with each step. It does the CD check after installing the OpenGL patch, before I copy over the WCP.zip contents. I'll keep trying.

Back