Commodities wanted! for WC Universe

I don't think TC would mind...

In fact I bet he IS awake right now, he just doensn't bother replying to "simple people" like us... :)

Originally posted by Quarto
Aaargh! This is driving me insane! No matter how many times I clear my cache, I'm still talking to a cute little kitten! How the hell am I supposed to take anything you say seriously, if you're a kitten? :)

Well, you don't have to take anything I say seriously. :D

No, I'm not happy - it doesn't make any sense. If you so desperately need another item to put on the black market list, then at least come up with something logical. I for one do not believe that humans would ever allow a bunch of... cat-lovers :)D)... to destroy several thousand years of culinary heritage. Remember how well the alcohol prohibition worked in the US?

Maybe it's just me...but I'd eat it! More than willing...as long as it doesn't have synthi-Mad Cow disease...:(

Originally posted by mpanty

The interersting part comes asking those people how they *feel*... whether they feel American for being born in the US, or Spanish, Irish, Italian etc. for the cultural heritage they are carrying with them, and in which they have been raised...

Personally, I was born in Germany and raised there for 8 years... then I moved to France.
Although I don't think I carry any major influence in my cultural identity from my stay in Germany, I carry a lot from my stay in France, perhaps because I was living in France during my adolescence... but still, I feel 100% Italian because of my parents, my roots, and my home education.
Identity is very important in society, and it is that much important when you're dealing with such a large and culturally broad country like the US...
I wonder if there are others here with a similar case than mine... :)

I'm Japanese (actually, I'm Japanese-Okinawan, but let's not get into that), but I've lived my whole life in Hawaii, and I consider myself an American. I'm probably more mainstream than most of the people down here...I grew up in a pleasent, quaint neighborhood, so that probably has a lot to do with that. (However, please don't blame them for any of my other "qualities" :) ).

People say Hawaii is one of the greatest examples of accepting Multiculturalism (we have NO majorities...well, maybe Japanese, but this is neither the time nor place for this). There's a of ethnic jokes down here, too, which some find offensive, but others feel helps with cultural acceptance and blah, blah, blah...I don't know a whole lot about that, so don't ask me. :)

BTW, Darkmage, I don't fully agree with your remarks about American foreign policy, but I won't discuss that right now...er, how about something else...

Originally posted by Ghost
VAMOS WING COMMANDER EN ESPAÑOL PARA TODOs; ANDALE ANDALE LET'S DANCE

Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja!...Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput! :D

Originally posted by Bob McDob
Aaargh! This is driving me insane! No matter how many times I clear my cache, I'm still talking to a cute little kitten! How the hell am I supposed to take anything you say seriously, if you're a kitten?

Well, you don't have to take anything I say seriously.
Don't worry Bob, nobody does... ;)

Originally posted by Bob McDob
I'm Japanese (actually, I'm Japanese-Okinawan, but let's not get into that), but I've lived my whole life in Hawaii, and I consider myself an American. I'm probably more mainstream than most of the people down here...I grew up in a pleasent, quaint neighborhood, so that probably has a lot to do with that. (However, please don't blame them for any of my other "qualities").

People say Hawaii is one of the greatest examples of accepting Multiculturalism (we have NO majorities...well, maybe Japanese, but this is neither the time nor place for this). There's a of ethnic jokes down here, too, which some find offensive, but others feel helps with cultural acceptance and blah, blah, blah...I don't know a whole lot about that, so don't ask me.
Well that's pretty cool then... there IS hope! <G>
BTW, I thought that the dominant group in Hawaii were the tourists... :D

Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja!...Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!
WHAT ON EARTH was that???

[Edited by mpanty on 04-23-2001 at 02:37]

BTW, I thought that the dominant group in Hawaii were the tourists... :D
That is so true. :)

Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja!...Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!
WHAT ON EARTH was that???[/b]

Don't know Monty Python, eh? For shame! :) Actuallt, that's the funniest joke in the world, which was translated into gibberish by the censors to keep everybody from dying of laughter. (Lousy censors...:) ) As you can see, it makes about as much sense as what I frequently post...:)

Hm, I never watched Monty Python. But was that the sery where they unked the Germans ( concerning the 1st WoreldWar?)??? The sentence has some easy interesting elements of the German language... Or am I wrong?

Originally posted by Darkmage
hahaha lol oh that's funny, how the hell did they think that would work!
Ironic that you'd say that, considering that here you are claiming that Confed pushed through a meat prohibition :).

And Bob McDob, you're not a kitten - but when you're promoted, you'll be a unicorn :D.

Confed didn't ban meat -- we see meat all the time in WC... besides, the Tri-System (where synthi-meat appears) isn't even part of Confed (and they haven't banned meat, either:)).

And I am a vampire with very long teeth who'll visit you that night to get your blood...Huh....I think I got my costume for the next carnival...as what do you go Mekt...really as Kilrathi??:D
Oh my guiness I like it to make children frightened. Unfortunately I got no 5-year-old little brother. He wouldn't have much fun...
BTW..the 'children' was not meant to anybody here whom is maybe younger than me. I am talking from the little boy of my neighbours...

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Originally posted by $tormin
(...)

but i would buy a kilrathi pelt. theres a market. you should be the supply.

*sees mekkit coming. hides*

"You cannot hide from us!" :D

don't need to anymore
newstick.jpg

you cannot hide from me

"You cannot hide from us!"

don't need to anymore
you cannot hide from me
LOL
Don't be mean to Mekt... he's a poor defenseless Kilrathi... ;)
(now let's see what kind of weapon *he* comes up with... :) )

"You cannot hide from us!"

don't need to anymore
you cannot hide from me
LOL
Don't be mean to Mekt... he's a poor defenseless Kilrathi... ;)
(now let's see what kind of weapon *he* comes up with... )

thats just a crowbar. heres a chainsaw
poksaw.jpg

wait untill i get some weapons *G*

that's just a crowbar. here's a chainsaw
Wow! Do you design those weapon pics yourself? :)
If not, where do you get them?

no i don't have a 3d modeling program. gabooz makes them to poke newbies. if you ask politly he might make you one :D

he made the crowbar for me and the chainsaw to counteract the "newbie rebellion" which was fun.

gabooz makes them to poke newbies. if you ask politly he might make you one.
Well I saw his webpage... pretty nifty tutorial... :)
But I still would have no idea on how to make one... :(

Back