cloaking question

I don't think there's any reason to believe that Thrakhath felt Jazz was 'foolish' -- and we know the Kilrathi *do* award medals...

Originally posted by Quarto
Well spotted, young Jedi :). Yes, that conversation does indeed take place off the winning path. A second-chance mission when Ayer's Rock appears to detect the Grimalkin, and scrambles fighters. The Grimalkin jumps further out-system, while you have to kill five Sabres and two Broadswords. If you do, the Grimalkin will be able to continue her mission.
Actually, those second-chance missions have some rather amusing conversations. "Very well, if the presence of the Concordia disturbs you, grandson, you may destroy it." :)

Ah, that explains why I never saw that scene. It is on the "do badly" path.

Anyone think that all the Kilrathi Captains and Admirals in WC2 looked like giant fuzzy teddybears in the vidcoms?

Originally posted by Quarto
Well spotted, young Jedi :)
Huh? Is that referring to me? :)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I don't think there's any reason to believe that Thrakhath felt Jazz was 'foolish' -- and we know the Kilrathi *do* award medals...
Oh, I didn't think the Kilrathi had the medal custom. Also, I had the impression the Kilrathi regarded any human working for them as being foolish. Just judging from the way Thrakhath casually disregarded the Mandarins at the end of SO2. Or was he just trying to save face in front of the Emperor?

Yes, the Kilrathi award medals... there are two of them in the CCG.

And yeah, Thrakhath was trying to save face... he does it at the end of each Special Ops <G>

Self preservation might have had something to do with it. He probably remembers what happened to his father. :)

Best, Raptor

I think his father's execution was more because it was such a stunning victory for the Confederation than a failure on his part. A colony was avenged boosting moral for Confed, a major prototype weapon was destroyed, and then captured, a boost for Confed weapons development and fleet assets in the area, and it brought personnal shame to the Emperor's clan.

morale

"Your father destroyed the humans at Goddard, but his quest for glory cost us an entire strike fleet! Such failures are unacceptable in an admiral, or an heir."

And, judging from the conversation at the end of SO2 ("My... heir."), the Emperor was sorely tempted to... reassign Thrakhath. The only reason he didn't was because the Prince had a good excuse :).

The Emperor had promised that, should Thrakhath fail him, one of his sixteen cousins would be the heir to Kilrah...

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
The first quote does not convince me (it's from the SO2 intor, right?). I think he was only sure that the Kilrathi would win but not that their goals are his (except for killing the survivors of the Claw).
But this second quote I never heard. Maybe it's because I own the German version of WC2 but still I cannot think of any translation that would match it. Where did you take it from?

Was WC2 also translated? I own the WC2 Deluxe edition from the 1995 EA Classics series (with the PDF manual), and it is in English...

Yeah, Khasra was a cousin... we can probably name five or six of 'em.

WC1 and 2 were translated into German, but for some reason are harder to find than WC1 and 2 in English with manuals in German...

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Yeah, Khasra was a cousin... we can probably name five or six of 'em.

WC1 and 2 were translated into German, but for some reason are harder to find than WC1 and 2 in English with manuals in German...

That sounds really strange. I know that the WC1/2 official guide was translated, but that the games itself were translated is completely new to me. Maybe it has something to do with, that the 1995 EA classics WC2 CD included German, English and French manuals, so it seems to be reasonable that this was an international master, the CD thus being shipped into several countries. It is done this way with DVD's, so it could be the same way with WC, as well.

Apparently there are both tri-language and then native French, German and English editions of the games...

Back