Captured WCIII Cruiser

Originally posted by Ghost
When you are in fron of the Axius starbase, you must choose two codes,what is the diference ????

Dont think there is any difference, I tried both codes, they both seem to do the same thing. Allow you to land on the superbase.

RFB

Yeah, but it made you feel lucky when you thought you picked the correct one only by chance. ;)

BTW: RFB, congratulations to your promotion to Staff officer ;)

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Yeah, but it made you feel lucky when you thought you picked the correct one only by chance. ;)

BTW: RFB, congratulations to your promotion to Staff officer ;)

Wow! I didnt even notice that! Thanks Mekt! I too when first playing WCIV, hesitated on those codes! I thought that one would be the correct code, and the other would send all those fighters after me! Now after completing the game, I run that mission and go practice dogfighting with the other Dragons. That huge base will keep launching fighters while you take them out! It makes a good practice session, of course you dont get to land on the base, nor can you jump back out of the system.

RFB

And to think I sweated my palms off recently replaying WCIV... "Oh God, Oh God... which one was it... I think I pressed 1... but was there an X in the end... Oh God... Oh God..."

Try playing games for 19 hrs straight and then tell me I'm nuts :)

It shure had me guessing and sweating! What would have been even more of a suprise if they had 3 codes and the 3rd one would set off the fighters around that base! Its Melee time!

RFB

Kind of makes You feel dumb now...

But hey, at least I get to laugh at the poor creatures who still glut in their own misery at Axius... Next time I stroll in care-free... Aah, the wonder of knowledge :)

Interesting to note that the script had it so that if you stuffed up, you'd be swamped by infinite enemies. Any escape would only leave you stranded - the Intrepid 'magically' comes under attack and is destroyed.

[Edited by Wedge009 on 05-16-2001 at 22:36]

Huh? No, I was referring to the Intrepid, when you're still en route. That second chance to defect mission is different - you're actually present in the battle. Besides, just for the fun of it, I cheat-exploded every baddie, and the Lexington blew up by itself. So you can't blame the fighters. ;)

Originally posted by gryphon
Try playing games for 19 hrs straight and then tell me I'm nuts :)

Gotcha beat. Two and a half days straight with one half hour nap in between, and about an hour to drive to a friends house in the middle and set up my computer again. Nothin but game. That.......was fun!

Aww MAN!

I puked after I was done and went to bed with a monstrous headache that wouldn't let go!!! *lol* After 19 hours of inch-high pixels in shades of light green and orange brown, Your eyes don't feel so good ;)

Well, as long as you enjoy that sort of thing... but it really isn't healthy to play for that long. Most I've ever done is probably four or five hours - you're supposed to take a quick walk every two hours or so. ;)

Believe me I've never done it again... But it was a little bit of WC, then my friend came and we networked Rogue Spear and then we played some more and some more and then he left and I decided to give the Ralari another crack and whoosh. Trust me, I do NOT do it on a regular basis.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Huh? No, I was referring to the Intrepid, when you're still en route. That second chance to defect mission is different - you're actually present in the battle. Besides, just for the fun of it, I cheat-exploded every baddie, and the Lexington blew up by itself. So you can't blame the fighters. ;)

I guess Confed must have cut a few corners putting her back together.

"Reactor safeties? Who needs safeties on a matter/anti-matter reactor?" :D

Best, Raptor

I So want that seventh disc... I mean, blair serves in the Space Force for twenty years and then defects just cause Eisen says "Take my word for it"?

As benevolent as the storyline gets, I don't get it...

Back