Captured WCIII Cruiser

Yeah, tell me about it... I think there's a lot of potential in thatbook for something more than it already is... I read the sequels but they never really did it for me though...

ENDER'S GAME was one of the best books I've read...and I've read a LOT of books over my 31 years. Excellent concept, well written, engaging...and the twist isn't at all revealed until the end.

Found a site called http://www.combataircraft.com Seems to have every modern combat aircraft in existence. See the REAL Hornet! See the REAL Raptor! See the REAL T-bolt...er, II...See the REAL Falcoln! Okay, that's QUITE enough of that...:)

Or you could just go to http://www.fas.org and read the biggest free collection of military analisys dosumentation in existence... They have EVERYTHING. Trust me. THis is the biggest source in everything I write which is even remotely linked to the military.

Originally posted by gryphon
Why are there no remote controlled craft in WC?
I thought of that before, but then realised that radio jamming or an EMP blast will neutralise them pretty quickly.

What's this about powered armour? I don't remember that from froma any of the novels. Was that mentioned in the game docs or something?

Best, Raptor

Interestingly, the US Army is working on a kind of crude power-armor. So I'd expect WC to have at least rudimentery types.

We really havent seen much of the WC universe's ground fighting capabilities. They might have something like it, that would be to cumbersome to use for ship boarding procedures like in the movie.

anything that will punch through a decent suit of powered armour will probably go through the hull. so the advantage goes to the boarders

We've seen lots of groundfighting capabilities... mostly in the novels, but also to a degree with the ground scenes in WC3 and 4. Boarding operations and landing operations are mainly marines... but there are tanks and other large armoured vehicles. We have no reason to think there are giant killer robots or anything.

TC

We've seen some but not to the level that we have with the Space Force. We've seen quick strikes and surgical insertions. We havent seen anything larger in scale to that except in WC4 with the mercenaries using tanks. But mercenaries, even backed by Confed could probably only really use tanks. Im not saying they have battlemechs or anything on that level but there could be more to it than we've seen, even if its never been stated. There's always room in the future.

Back