3D Printed Starfighters

These all look gorgeous. Next time, any chance we can get higher resolution pictures?

These all look gorgeous. Next time, any chance we can get higher resolution pictures?

You bet! The Raptor came today. It's BIG. (6.2"!!) You could probably bludgeon somebody to death with it. They're a bit hard to photograph, some bright spots show up with the flash that aren't normally visible. But here are some shots with a camera that's slightly better than my phone.

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 197
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    889.4 KB · Views: 195
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 188
  • D.jpg
    D.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 189
  • E.jpg
    E.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 194
Was just on my way to finally order one or two a when I noticed the Dralthi, Arrow and Hellcat were added... So I caved and went for these in stead :)
Can't wait to receive them; I'll try to post a picture when I do!

Oh, I didn't realize that the fighters were already finished. Klavs, can you post some photos of the printed arrows and hellcats?

Well, I have some Arrows on the way, but I thought I'd put the rest of them up and see if anybody would be my guinea pig for the first batch! prototyping all these myself is getting expensive and you guys shouldnt have to wait! Sndwv, let me know if you have any troubles with production and I'll fix any problems asap. And make sure to post pictures when you do get them!

Well, I have some Arrows on the way, but I thought I'd put the rest of them up and see if anybody would be my guinea pig for the first batch! prototyping all these myself is getting expensive and you guys shouldnt have to wait! Sndwv, let me know if you have any troubles with production and I'll fix any problems asap. And make sure to post pictures when you do get them!

ahh, I see ;)

are you planning to put up the dralthi IV or some arena ships maybe?

Just received my Scimitar, Rapier, Hornet and Raptor in color. Marvellous work.
One of the Raptor's wing-mounted antennae broke off during production, but Shapeways asked if they could send it anyway and mailed me a photo. I agreed since it looked like it could be easily fixed, just to laud Shapeways' customer support once more.

That's great Red! Could you post some pictures? The material is kind of hard to photograph, maybe you'll have better luck than I did. Sorry about your neutron gun, I tried to make them big enough that even if they broke off they could be glued back on with relative ease. I'm still in awe of how big the Raptor turned out. It's huge! :)

Couldn't take any better picture myself. I think those last two show the overall... i don't know... mouldy or frosty texture well. It looks good, but a little different to what you might expect.

These are all too good to be true. Do you think you could design a base so it would look professional on a desk? Perhaps angle it a little

I see, you're probably right :) I don't know much about this sandstone like material Have you experimented with some kind of clear resin like a polyurethane wood finish to smooth them out maybe bring out the color?

Back