UPDATED: Press Release ReduxNot to be outdone, Microsoft has issued their own press release about Wing Commander Arena! They also confirm that a second game XBLA will be released on Wednesday - a port of Super Contra at the 400 MSPoint price level. Hopefully this means that we will see an Arena page at Xbox.com very soon. The new release is more specific about the exact time of Arena's launch:
Take Flight with Wing Commander Arena on Xbox LIVE Arcade this Wednesday!
Electronic Arts brings “Wing Commander Arena” to Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 this Wednesday, July 25 at 9:00 a.m. GMT (2:00 a.m. PDT).
Flash forward to the year 2071: in “Wing Commander Arena,” players form an elite flying squadron to combat the enemy armada of the Kilrathi Empire. Featuring four modes of gameplay, nine maps and the first 16 player multiplayer combat on Xbox LIVE Arcade, “Wing Commander Arena” is the perfect mix of arcade fun and modern multiplayer chaos.
“Wing Commander Arena” on Xbox LIVE Arcade is a completely new iteration in the “Wing Commander” franchise. “Wing Commander Arena” will become available worldwide (with the exception of Japan and Korea) for 800 Microsoft Points and is rated E for Everyone.
- The first Xbox LIVE Arcade title featuring multiplayer gameplay for up to 16 players over Xbox LIVE.
- Four gameplay modes: Single Player, Multiplayer Team, Free for All, and Duel
- Players can choose from 18 different ships that can be customized with cloaking devices, mines, energy weapons, missiles and more!
- Skill-based matchmaking for ranked games.
- Earn up to 12 Achievements and 200 Gamerscore.