Kilrathi Presence Increases in Vega Sector
Klavs has further filled out his Kilrathi fleet with a new medium fighter. The Krant joins the Salthi, Dralthi, Jalthi and Gratha as 3D models in Klavs' extensive arsenal. The two lighter craft are already available as small resin ships, and we're anxious to see how the heavier birds turn out soon!
One more to finish then we can all have a Killer Kilrathi Krismas (with Krants!)
Wing Commander CIC - Visit the front page
Official news, fan projects and topics of particular interest to Wing Commander fans.
- Last Chance for Amiga Music Album
- 2014-12-21 -- In 2011, Maz Sound released Immortal 4, a two disc album with Amiga videogame music. The album has a runtime of 158 minutes and contains 35 familiar videogame tunes, all of them beautifully remastered. The final track is a recording of a Wing Commander song, performed live by none other than Team FAT.
- Call For Annual Award Nominees
- 2014-12-20 -- Another year is quickly coming to a close, so that means there's a few annual holiday traditions that are upon us. The sixteenth annual Wing Commander Web Site & Fan Project of the Year awards will kick off soon, and it's time to start thinking about the undertakings that impressed you this year. The CIC doesn't rely on original content to keep the news page full - it's the daily activities of thousands of fellow Wingnuts that keeps everything going.
- Santa Clause Strikes The Border Worlds' Top Mechanic
- 2014-12-19 -- A lot of people enjoyed the Pliers clip we posted earlier this week along with the Dragon hull salvage. This begged the question... what's he up to now?
- The Gemini Sector Certainly Had Space Ships
- 2014-12-18 -- World of Space Ships has posted a new chapter on their retrospective road to Star Citizen. The focus this time is Wing Commander Privateer. The most significant link between the two may be Erin Roberts who is also driving the story portions of Star Citizen now as well.
- Sketch-a-Day Results Celebrate Wing Commander
- 2014-12-17 -- Wingnuts make a lot of great digital art, but sometimes it's nice to step back and appreciate pictures drawn by hand. NinjaLA has put together two scenes of early Wing Commander fighters for your enjoyment. The Kilrathi collage is dominated by Ninja's popular Dralthi design.
- Saving a Dragon!
- 2014-12-16 -- Way back in 1998, I was invited to take a tour of Origin Systems. I was a senior in High School, and was visiting Austin to tour the University of Texas… of course, what I really cared about was Wing Commander (and that hasn’t changed much!) Our WCNews.
- Elite Pilot Takes Cockpit Design to the Next Level
- 2014-12-15 -- Elite Dangerous is set for release this Tuesday, December 16, and Tyrranus spotted the video of an awesome way to play! The pilot below has three 3D projector screens arranged to form an immersive digital cockpit. He's also got a super slick custom touchpad setup, voice controls, top notch HOTAS controls and more.
- Goodbye, Larry Latham
- 2014-12-14 -- LeHah has conveyed some unfortunate news, Wing Commander Academy producer and director Larry Latham passed away last month. I'll let LeHah expand:Bearer of bad news, Wingnuts. One of the best of our best has passed on.
- GOG Winter Sale Slashes Wing Commander Prices Again
- 2014-12-13 -- It seems like GOG was just in the middle of its Fall Sale, but now their holiday-accelerated Winter Sale is coming to a close. They're going out with a bang, and Wing Commander is once again marked down by 80% for this weekend. This means all DOS and Windows Wing Commander games are available for under $10!
- Prinze Talks Wing Commander
- 2014-12-12 -- Wing Commander actor Freddie Prinze Jr. was recently interviewed on the Full of Sith Star Wars podcast. Prinze mostly talks about his early exposure to Star Wars and his recent voice work for Star Wars: Rebels, but around the 23:30 mark the topic shifts to the Wing Commander movie.