Kilrathi Presence Increases in Vega Sector
Klavs has further filled out his Kilrathi fleet with a new medium fighter. The Krant joins the Salthi, Dralthi, Jalthi and Gratha as 3D models in Klavs' extensive arsenal. The two lighter craft are already available as small resin ships, and we're anxious to see how the heavier birds turn out soon!
One more to finish then we can all have a Killer Kilrathi Krismas (with Krants!)
Wing Commander CIC - Visit the front page
Official news, fan projects and topics of particular interest to Wing Commander fans.
- Thrakhath Sets Off For Earth
- 2014-07-25 -- The Confed homeworld has more to fear than a Shiraak! The Hakagas that were under construction in the far flung reaches of the Empire have been completed and are on the move. Everything about the vessel in Klavs' latest render feels heavy and well armored.
- Mark Hamill on Star Wars
- 2014-07-24 -- The BBC caught up with Mark Hamill at the Guardians of the Galaxy red carpet event in London. They spoke briefly about the new Star Wars trilogy, which has recently started filming. Luke Skywalker is one of several characters from the original trilogy to have a supporting role.
- WCMovie Rapier at Paintball Field
- 2014-07-23 -- Here's a cool find by Klavs. One of the movie Rapier props is now part of the Bricket Wood paintball arena in Hertfordshire, just north of Greater London. It plays a central role in the Launch Pad game mode, in which the defending team must try and launch their space ship while the attacking team bears down on them.
- WC Saga Plus Enhanced Fiction Viewer
- 2014-07-22 -- Luke is still plodding along on Saga Plus, incorporating many bugfixes and enhancements based on player feedback. The complete list of (intended) changes is too long to include here, but many enhancements are meant to improve the usability of the various interfaces throughout the game. Below you can see the original fiction viewer (left) alongside the WCS+ version.
- Escapist's Not Feeling Privateer
- 2014-07-21 -- To coincide with the completion of the Wing Commander series on GOG, Escapist ran a series of reviews last year that covered almost the whole franchise. At the time they skipped over Academy and the Privateers, but they've circled back around with a Good Old Review for Gemini Sector pilots. It's the same reviewer that thought Prophecy was pretty good and loved WC1&2, but in this case, he just can't get into Privateer.
- Krant Hardly Wait To Play
- 2014-07-20 -- Shaggy's completed the Krant fighter for Beat Hazard that he mentioned earlier this month, but the Kilrathi fleet isn't quite complete. The fearsome Jalthi is now in the works to supplement the kats on the very high end, and then that should finish off the planned lineup. You can see all of the cool ships that have been designed for this scroller shooter game here.
- Armada/SWC Crossover Adds Self Sufficient Invasion Capability
- 2014-07-19 -- The parade of massive Kilrathi warships continues. Up next in the armada is the Shiraak carrier. It's a fairly rare ship to see in fan projects, and Klavs' take on it is certainly the most detailed Wingnut attempt.
- New Documentary Explores Video Game Industry
- 2014-07-18 -- Crowdfunded documentary Video Games: The Movie examines the transition of video games from niche product to billion-dollar industry. It features several big names in game design, like Cliff Bleszinsky (Unreal, Gears of War) and Kobayashi Hiroyuki (Resident Evil). The only familiar name in the credits is Wing Commander veteran Warren Spector, but LOAF managed to snap (tweet) a half second of Wing Commander 4 footage with Mark Hamill, Chris Roberts and Malcolm McDowell in it.
- 16th Birthday Party Moves to a New Night!
- 2014-07-17 -- It's almost that time again! We're just about a month away from the CIC's 16th Birthday at wcnews.com.
- Phoenix Crew Disembarks For New Experiences
- 2014-07-16 -- Silent Hunter asked us to remind everyone that the crew of his ship, the TCS Phoenix, is currently enjoying shore leave on pleasure planet Jolson. If that sounds like a place you'd like to be, join the Wing Commander From the Ashes RPG to start in. They are a forum based RPG that role plays its adventures here.