Getting Caught Up With GameStar
Thra`Khrom has another batch of scans from GameStar magazine. The first article is a very lengthy flashback piece that's dedicated to The Heart of the Tiger. It's amazing how well the game still holds up today! There is also a fun feature on Wing Commander Privateer. Finally, a preview of Star Citizen does a good job recapping all information surrounding Chris Roberts' new game with a detailed information roundup, Q&A and many comparisons to Wing Commander.
This mail includes more articles from German PC magazine Gamestar. This pack includes the preview for Star Citizen that ran in last months issue (numbered 12/2012) as well as their hall of fame entries for Wing Commander 3 (06/2012) and Privateer (11/2005).
Wing Commander CIC - Visit the front page
Official news, fan projects and topics of particular interest to Wing Commander fans.
- Bearcat Gets Unreal Makeover
- 2015-07-27 -- ScoobyDoo has made big progress importing his new Bearcat fighter into the Unreal 4 engine. In this new environment, he's been able explore adding tons of detail to the cockpit, hull surface and landing gear. Although he's known for adding lots of stuff like this to his ships in the past, he's being careful to walk a fine line and avoid making his ships deviate too wildly from the baseline Wing Commander examples.
- Frontier Bombers Get Modern Makeover
- 2015-07-26 -- The Border Worlds faction is getting some nice upgrades to their torpedo-carrying fighters in the WC4 Homeworld mod. L.I.
- Three Weeks To Party Time!
- 2015-07-26 -- In case you missed our recent announcement, the date and time for the CIC's 17th Birthday Party has been set! You're invited to join us on Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 7:00 pm EDT (4:00 pm PDT and 11:00 pm GMT) in the #Wingnut chat room. It'll be fun night full of old war stories, cake, trivia games and prizes.
- Sins of a Solar Empire Mod Starts Kilrathi Capship Conversion
- 2015-07-25 -- M3RcAden has built quite a few Confed ships for his Sins of a Solar Empire mod, so he's branching out more now to the Kilrathi side. First up is the Kamrani corvette. Check out those beefy turrets!
- Wing Commander, EA Titles Heavily Discounted At GOG
- 2015-07-24 -- Over the next three days, GOG is discounting their entire EA catalog by 60%. Besides Wing Commander, Ultima and Crusader, their offer includes beloved classics such as Theme Hospital, Theme Park, Dungeon Keeper, Kyrandia and Populous. While you can buy an entire series outright for the sake of convenience, you can also handpick a few individual titles, many for as little as $2.
- Wing Commander 4 Intro Remixed With Live Orchestra Track
- 2015-07-23 -- Former Origin composer George Oldziey has posted another fantastic sample from his live recording of Wing Commander music in Bratislava last year. This time he's enhanced the introduction to Wing Commander 4 with his new audio. The results are amazing!
- Capship Combat Combines With Small Scale Shooter
- 2015-07-22 -- Arraen has released a pair of new photos featuring a Rapier II circling the Concordia. He notes that his strategy game, Starship Tactics, is about fleet engagements, but he couldn't resist putting Klavs' slick fighter into the mod. The Venture, Kamrani and Tallahassee are already playable, and the Fralthi or Ralari are potentially up next.
- Bulky BW Bomber Bashes BL Baddies
- 2015-07-21 -- DefianceIndustries is back with another Border Worlds heavyweight, the Avenger bomber. He's put together this gorgeous take on the design to spice up the ship in the Homeworld mod. A nice touch here is that you can see the ordnance stocked in the weapon bays.
- Kilrathi RPG Expansion Bulks Up Story Component
- 2015-07-20 -- It's been a while since we checked in with capi's Wing Commander RPG, and he's made consistent progress virtually every single week. In June he dived into the exposition that sets up the Kilrathi expansion module's backstory. It includes multiple scenes such as a flashback to the day Bloodeye N'Ryllis learned of Kilrah's destruction.
- Scimitar Sketch Swipes Through Space
- 2015-07-19 -- Sometimes you just need a hand-drawn CF-105 Scimitar to kick off your week. If you're one of those people, NinjaLA has kindly obliged with this specimen. If this isn't enough to do the trick, compare it to to several earlier attempts here and here.