Privateer 2 Savegame Editor UpdatedLin Kuei Ominae has released a new version of his Privateer 2 savegame editor. The latest version adds a number of new features as you can see below. Download the latest version of the savegame editor here.
Lin Kuei also outlined what he sees in store for future versions of the editor mentioning that he's also working on a Privateer 2 File browser/manager that will be included in the savegame editor. This will allow you to edit and extract files and resources from the various Privateer 2 formats. You can discuss Lin Kuei's editor and offer feedback here.
- long paths to the savegame file are better visible on the "Filename:" label
- small graphical layout improvement on the cargo tab to look more like the layout ingame
- new tab "CCN Booth" which has sections for the
- available Ships and Equipment that you can buy on the current planet/station (click on an entry, change the indexnumber and press enter to accept the changes)
- Bulletin Board, allowing to edit the cards which represent Wingman, Cargo Ships and Missions
- Commodities, which are available on the current planet, allowing to edit the amount of tons available and the price per ton (these are only local and temporarily active as long as you stay on the current planet; once you take off and land on a different planet these are set back to the planets default values)
- News, that allows to view and edit the current visible/active news
- new "Unknown" tab that allows to edit savegame parameter/values for which i haven't found out their purpose yet (if you find out the purpose of one of them let me know and i'll move it into the correct tab or create a new tab in the next version)
- when changing the cargo on the cargo ship, the cargo now uses the price that the current planet uses for this commodity (was previously always set to 1)
- in priv2editor.ini the editor saves the last window position to get rid of the stupid random window positioning of Windows (now the editor opens where it was last closed)
- boothinfo.ini which contains the data/description for the News, News Reporter names, News affected Planet names and the BBS Missions
- a custom mouse cursor for the savegame editor (if you want you can use the cursor in windows too; you can find it in images/cursor)
- new tab "Equipment" which allows to change the price of each module,missile and gun as well as the amount of the equipment that is added to the ship when bought (e.g. Hi-Ex mines 10, Decoys 15, Nuke'em 1)
- Note: you can change the amount on missiles/guns to be higher than 1 and even if the savegame has the correct amount stored, the game will see them as a group and not as single items. Thus you unfortunately can't stack 10 missiles on one slot and fire ingame one after the other like you do with mines