If you joined in on the Tarawa hat production organized by McGruff then you already know how cool they look... but if you missed out, here's your chance to see the end result. A limited run of these TCS Tarawa ship hats was created for (and by) interested fans - and they turned out great! Be sure to keep watching the forums for similar projects in the future. Thanks to BrynS for the blue pictures.
This is the Star*Soldier gloss for the third weapons page:
CONCEPT: See the previous post!
- "Paulsen Kinetics" - Paulsen Kinetics was a company mentioned in the Wing Commander Secret Ops fiction; it was probably there intended to reference the arms company owned by the family of Captain Hugh Paulsen (as mentioned in the Wing Commander IV novelization).
- "aren't just for salvage ops anymore" - This explains the change in role for the tractor beam (in Arena you use them to grab other fighters during combat).
- The images are all from the Privateer source renders: the tractor beam is the tractor beam, the Sonar is a software package, the cloak is thrusters, the power core is an engine, the turret is a Galaxy upper turret, the flares are ECM pods and the fusion batteries are jump drives.
- "Blackfish Cloak" - Blackfish was the name of the 'full' Confederation cloak, from the WC:CCG. "Shroud" was the sensor cloak used by the Excalibur.
- "destroyed the Tiger's Claw, Concordia and Behemoth" - We see cloaked fighters destroy the Tiger's Claw in the WC2 intro and the Behemoth in Wing Commander III - their involvement in the final fate of the Concordia is new!
- "in space, all cats are cloaked" - From the expression "at night, all cats are gray".
- "Wingleader One..." - These are the first sentences on the back of the Wing Commander I box.
- Some mistakes - there's no label for 'power cores'... and it occurs to me now, a year later, that there should have been some contact information for the store.