Star Giants is a 3D space combat simulator, this is the first game of this genre to appear on the GBA and it will set the standard for all other games of this genre on a handheld console. The game will feature massive use of special effects and gorgeous sound. The playability will offer options similar to a pc based title. All the basic commands for the ship will be there including speed, banking, missiles, flare, and different visuals from the cockpit….just like a 3D game on powerful hardware. The most important characteristic of Star Giants is the multipath story. In other words, the story changes according to what the user does and achieves in the game. It will feature different endings. The other important aspect of the game is the multiplayer mode. Thanks to the link-up capabilities of the GBA Star Giants allows up to 4 players to enjoy the game's challenging 3D space fighting. Players can play against each other, combat as a Team (player 1,2 vs player 3,4), or engage in cooperation mode in which the 4 players must work together in order to accomplish their mission. The cooperation mode will have a completely new set of missions to involve all players in the action.
Unique Selling Points
- gorgeous and attractive graphics with massive use of special effects such as lens flare, smoke trails, wave effects for explosions and more. Really good looking!
- Dynamic sound according to the in game situation and 3D sound fx! You've got to try Star Giants with headphones to learn how good it sounds!
- Involving story with multiple paths. It changes according to the in game progression. This means more longevity for the game as the user will return to see how the story changes as they improve!
- Complex ai routines assure the maximum challenge for the user, requiring him to learn step by step how to control his ship in order to destroy his enemy.
- Multiplayer mode. Up to 4 players can join the action with different modes of play: all vs all, team game and cooperative game modes.
- No similar games have been announced, this would be the first of its genre on the GBA and it will surely be a hit thanks to its gorgeous realization, attention to detail, graphics and playability. The press and gamers will be enthusiastic for the game, creating demand for Star Giants and for a possible sequel.