Attention early adopters: Chris Knudsen has released a new version (0.1.3) of his awesome Privateer Ascii Sector fan project which fixes several bugs (detailed below). Pick up your copy here. He's also posted some neat shortcut icons for download.
0.1.3 - September 20th, 2007
- Fixed bug that caused ships to not move.
0.1.2 - September 17th, 2007
- Fixed bug that used energy when flying in autopilot and holding down the TAB key.
- Fixed bug that made missiles and torpedoes 'live' forever.
- Fixed rare bug that tried to load a base and then load a saved game when you died (I haven't been able to test this fix, since I haven't experienced this bug myself, but hopefully it's fixed now).
- Fixed rare bug that crashed the game when saving.
- Changed "Join Raid" missions so you always meet the other hunters at a nav point with a jump point.
- Added the ability to type characters other than letters and numbers, when writing your name when starting a new game.
Games that Rock: Wing Commander 3
Nerds that Geek has posted a quick flashback on the majesty of Wing Commander 3. The article's not long, but it captures the essence of what made The Heart of the Tiger great. The author credits the game for kickstarting FMV and next-level storytelling in games without compromising on the gameplay. (2018-05-25)
Wing Commander Meme of the Day: Who Would Win?
Wing Commander Movie Model Rundown
Atherin has been busy recreating nearly every ship in the Wing Commander film using SketchUp. There's really not much missing - we don't see the Kilrathi Concom, Diligent or some of the small background items, but just about all of the other major stuff is there. It's a pretty nice lineup! (2018-05-24)
Wing Commander Meme of the Day: It's Not Going To Happen
That's what we've been saying all along! (2018-05-24)
Hobbes Betrayal Crosses Over Language Barriers
Most people are familiar with the infamous video cuts that were made to fit all of the video on the Wing Commander 3 discs. Helpful sequences such as the TCN news bursts and Hobbes explanation were omitted due to space constraints. Fortunately, these are now available here at the CIC, but for a long time, the main way players could watch the Hobbes scene was to track down a copy of WC3 on the Playstation or 3DO. (2018-05-23)