Here's the latest highly-technical changes to Vega Strike, by HellcatV...
- I just finished adding Transparency as an option to the mesh format (and the ability to specify a separate alpha file that would hold alpha (clearness) values in a 256 bit grayscale bitmap.
- I added a weak optimizer to find adjacent triangles and hook 'em up.
- ashieh finished a small converter that can transform from strippified(aka faster) .objf format to vegastrike... Unfortunate the strippifier clobbers texture coordinates. Perhaps I can fix it eventually. It's called Stripe, and is apparently the second oldest and greatest one out there.... if only it could preserve texture coordinates. (pending fix).
- Also added checks for incorrectly specified quadrilaterals that have been causing trouble with some lazy formats. Quads that are not convex will be thrown out (divided into two triangles) ... geez how lazy.
- There is also a nice util from nvidia that will strippify various models and respect the vertex cache on your card...considering using that... it apparently uses '.m' format...no idea how that works...maybe I can convert to xml.