Klavs' great model of the Bengal and Star Citizen made me to go back to my own model. As I noticed that Klavs' Bengal got smaller and Star Citizen's got bigger, I thought to myself... what's a good size and how does everything fit into it?You can help provide feedback to further refine the design at the CIC Forums!
So I went back and created the basic shape as it's seen in Claw Marks. From there my first step was to keep the 700m length (I am not doing the Claw here but one of the later ships) but fit in all the 104 fighters it's supposed to carry. Next step was to think about how high each deck would be and the stuff in between (you know where all the cables, tubes and what not are). Going from there I changed sizes again. Still fixed to keep the 700m length.
Other points I incorporated or think about are as of now:
- The number of big turrets is about the same as in the Claw Marks
- Number of AA turrets is from the movie numbers
- Side missile tubes (changed to planetary bombardment missiles keep from the time as the Bengal was a "troop transport" ) from the movie
- Under the flight deck will be a number of torpedo tubes, also kinda taken over from the movie
- Hangar will be similar to that of the movie claw
- Bridge inspired by a mix of Star Citizen and the ingame graphics
- Catapulte tubes from the game
- Still thinking about incorperating the flechette guns for missile defense as it was mentioned in the novels
- Building into the model the bridge, CIC, sleeping room and other rooms but most importendly the bar ^_^
- Creating the lower hangar decks
- Made the connection to the outer pod a bit more like the WCATV version.