The WCPedia's Got Style
The fans' encyclopedia on Wing Commander now has nearly 1300 articles, but as the WCPedia grows and grows, issues relating to structure and standardization become more important. Help in all areas is in great need, but you can also join the discussion on creating a stylebook here!
One problem that I run into when I try to write for the WCpedia is that there's no agreed upon stylebook. For an easy example, do I call refer to 'the Confederation' or 'the Terran Confederation' (and then, with or without the definite article?).
So, we need to:
- Identify what needs to be decided.
- Debate each one.
- Make a choice.
The big ones in my head right now are the names of the nations-
- The Confederation (Terran Confederation?)
- The Kilrathi (Empire of Kilrah, Kilrathi Empire?)
- The Landreich (Free Republic of the Landreich?)
- The Black Lance (we need to sit down with this one now)
... then other proper nouns, like what we call the different wars. Is it the Terran-Kilrathi War? The Kilrathi War? The Galactic War? The Terran-Kilrathi WarS?
Follow or Contact Us