It's been some time since Aaron Thomas' awesome WC4 Homeworld 2 mod was last updated. L.I.F. was so impressed with the project that he decided to add a few features himself. Here's what's new:
This file is a modification to the already awesome Wing Commander IV mod to Homeworld 2 by Aaron Thomas, a.k.a. czacen. The weaponry of both strikecrafts and capships were tweaked to modify the gameplay as follows :
- Capships and fighters are now able to shoot at and destroy capmiss and torpedoes. In order to allow that, let the ship in offensive stance without a direct attack order (the turrets would then shoot at the targets and ignore the torps. Oh, and enemy fighters near the AAA seem to nastily busy the guns, allowing a clear path for the torpedoes.). It should give a new life to our beloved Southampton, Talahassee and Caernaven (the latter becoming more useful as a mobile AA battery).
- Fighter and bomber guns are no longer able to shoot at capship vessels (destroyers, cruisers, carriers and so on), limiting their target range at frigates, transports and strikecrafts. So, bombers and capships are the only weapons against capships : no Excalibur harrasment on your poor little Durango strike carrier (those phase shields are here for a reason)
I hope HW2 players will enjoy these new gameplay rules.
I'd like to give my thanks to Aaron Thomas and the CIC Staff, for their fantastic work for the community.
You can download this version of the mod here (145 MB). L.I.F. also provided installation instructions:
There's less than three weeks left until the CIC's 11th Birthday party! Since this year also marks the tenth anniversary of the Wing Commander movie, we'll be hosting a special coordinated viewing beforehand. If you don't already have a copy of the film, we recommend you order the DVD as soon as possible! Amazon's virtual delivery service also offers a one-time rental for just $2.99. The viewing will be on Monday, August 10 in #Wingnut. Main events get going at 7:00 pm Eastern US time (4:00 pm Pacific and 11:00 pm GMT), but watch this space for start time info for the movie.
- Download the file from Confed #1 website (the CIC).
- Move the .rar file to the "Data" folder of your "Homeworld 2" folder.
- Right-click on your Homeworld 2 shortcut and add at the end of the "target" field :
- Launch the game through this new shortcut.
GOG Spring Sale Knocks $35.94 Off WC Series
GOG's annual spring sale is now in full swing, and Wing Commander discounts are back! Individual games in the series are now 75% off at $1.49 each or $11. (2019-03-23)
Miniatures Tabletop Game Crunches the Numbers
Adm_Maverick has made more progress with his Wing Commander tabletop game. He's pretty close to being able to playtest the game with fellow fans thanks to finalization of some stat tables. There's also an attractive new 3x6" card layout for characters and ships. (2019-03-22)
All Wings Considered - Episode 5 - LIVE!
The fifth episode of ALL WINGS CONSIDERED is live now! All Wings Considered is the CIC's first ever streaming variety show which features news, conversation and gameplay relating to our favorite series. This week we're heading to the most difficult mission in Wing Commander history, Ghorah Khar 2D... (2019-03-21)
Cockpit Renders Tease WC4 Remaster
Among many other Wing Commander endeavors, Pedro is still grinding away in the background on his WC4 Remaster project. He reports that there might be some exciting breakthroughs regarding cockpits soon, and DefianceIndustries has stepped up to share some of the prototype views. There's still work to go, but these examples are pretty sweet! (2019-03-20)
Prepare for Intense Space Combat... Also Book Club
Episode 5 of All Wings Considered is less than two days away! This will be the team's most challenging episode to date as they take on the Special Operations 1 Finale. NINE Gothris escorting a Fralthra! (2019-03-19)