After we initially posted this on Twitter, Wing Commander designer/director Siobhan Beeman added this for context:
- Bad Blood: released
- Ultima 6: released
- Dinosaur Valley: became Ultima Savage Empire
- Squadron: became Wing Commander
- Time Travel: became Ultima Martian Dreams (?)
- Super Heroes: didn't happen
- Ultima 5 NES: released
- Ultima Gameboy: became Runes of Virtue
- Ultima 7: released
- Car Wars: didn't happen
- Ultima 6: became Ultima 6 SNES
- Star Wars: didn't happen
- The Underground: became Ultima Underworld
- Ultima adventure game: didn't happen
- Ultima 7 Spinoff: became Serpent Isle
- Ultima 8: happened (two years later)
- Blood & Fog: didn't happen
- Ultima 7 Spinoff: went into development as Arthurian Legends, ultimately cancelled
Honestly, Wing Commander didn't really change this product plan all that much. Super Heroes is the only genuine casualty: IIRC, that would have been Jeff George's project after Bad Blood, and I would have led Martian Dreams, but instead I took WC2 and he took MD.
Car Wars didn't happen for... reasons. (For more information, see Wasteland.) The relative failure of the WoU series killed further games in that line. U7 sluggishness, and the waning of graphical adventures, killed the STUD games.
Hah, actually, yes, now that I think about it, Wing Commander DID kill Star Wars. Not because it kicked off a bitter rivalry with their X-Wing line (tho that kind of also happened 😄), but because it made spending cash on licensed IP much less necessary/attractive.