There's great news for Flat Universe fans! A new playable test of the top down Wing Commander shooter has been released with a ton of neat features. There are additional ships, animations, customizable missile loadouts and more. Pilots can also practice in free flight mode to get a better feel for the game. The accompanying reference card and ship schematics have been updated as well. Load up Daedalus Station and scroll down to grab the game for Windows, Mac OS or Linux. Have fun and be sure to let the Maslas Brothers know what you think!
Some of the most interesting features of the latest update:
- New patching system. No more downloading and decompressing huge packages. Just start Flat Universe and our server will update your copy with the latest version.
- Two new exciting ships have been added: Raptor and a Shuttle.
- New animated Take Off sequences from Daedalus station.
- Fly around our spectacular home system, "Destiny", on a free flight mode.
- Now you can select your own missile loadout.
- Missile Decoys are now available. No more extensive use of afterburner to avoid missiles.
and last but not least
- Finished turret AI. Now you can kill it before it kills you. A test flight will convince you. And as always, we need your feedback! Your opinion counts more than you can imagine. Have Fun!!!