Wing Commander Flat Universe is back with a big New Year's update! A Christmas-themed Issue #4 of the Destiny's Way magazine was published at the tail end of December. That would be cool enough on its own, but they have also released their first (non-playable) game demo! Check out Daedalus Station, their awesome website, and scroll down to Downloads to give it a try. In addition to Windows, it even runs on Linux and Mac! The team hopes to include a playable portion in the next demo. Here's a status update on the rest of the game:
Last year, Afrim, asked a question about our progress. I'll reveal you a few points regarding the gameplay:
1. Space flight model is 100% complete. Tested on fighters and capital ships.
2. Space environment and physics behaviour 100% complete.
3. Weapon systems is 25% complete.
4. Animations, particles and other lighting stuff 25% complete.
5. Damage modelling, Shields, Capacitors 10% complete. There will be damages, shields and capacitors just like in Wing Commander. We don't like the idea of "life-bars" or "respawns".
6. HUDs and HUD systems (Radars, Comms, Nav etc.) 2% complete.
7. AI 0%.