The CIC's annual Fan Project & Web Site of the Year awards are under way, and we need your vote! A handful of nominees that contributed to the Wing Commander community over the past twelve months have been chosen, and Wingnuts can help decide the winners. Head to the voting page to cast your ballot. Thanks to those have already voted!
- Enigma 2666 began as a remake of Wing Commander 2, but has evolved into its own fledgling campaign. Deathsnake made steady progress all year long, including a couple of brief playable test releases.
- OpenGL for Prophecy & Secret Ops offers substantially enhanced graphics for these two classic games. Pedro and Popsicle Pete's improvements in 2011 include new graphical assets, support for the WCP demo and compatibility with the Enhancement Pack that enables high resolution, multiplayer and DVD movie playback.
- Rapid Prototype Mini Models include major contributions from several people: Astro Commander, AAN and Klavs independently continued to expand how many of these amazing ships there are. The paint jobs are just incredible!
- Remote Control Dralthi & Morningstar is one that's hard to believe exists! Chris Carpenter has worked some aerodynamic magic to make physical Wing Commander models that actually fly.
- Standoff still serves as the gold standard for Wing Commander game mods, and in 2011 they released patches for 64-bit versions of Windows and new ATI video cards. Dedicated fans of the game, Ilanin and wcnut, even helped complete mission walkthroughs and a Macintosh port!
- Tactical Operations Online made consistent progress all year long with new features and test games. Avacar has taken an already great tabletop game and successfully brought it to the Internet.
- HCl's Wing Commander Editing Site offers an amazing assortment of editing tools for all sorts of Wing Commander games. HCl made considerable progress this year decompressing file formats used in WC games, and he published one such tool to grab Privateer 2 text in addition to several collaborative works.
- Paper Commander released half a dozen new models this year, including designs from guest modeler Thunderchild. All of the newest designs even include integrated paper stands!
- Shotglass' Site launched this year as a useful new Wing Commander hub for German-speaking fans. The site continues to be frequently updated with WC news and other stories of interest to Wingnuts.
- Tactical Operations serves as the base of operations for Ironduke's tabletop WC RPG. The fun role playing game is the inspiration for the online variant up for nomination in the Fan Project section, and it also works with capi's counter tokens.
- WC Saga kept fans up to date on the latest beta test progress at their project's website. The frequent updates on the mod's development status will surely continue throughout 2012.
- Wedge's Wing Commander Site is one of the most complete archives of WC information on the internet. It's a prime collection of organized resources in addition to displaying its own content.
Don't forget to vote here!