Here are important highlights from today's amazing GOG announcement.
- You can buy Privateer for $5.99 here.
- Ultima Underworld 1 & 2 and Dungeon Keeper are also available at the same price.
- More games from Electronic Arts' back catalog will be available soon, starting with another set of three at the end of June. These games will be Crusader: No remorse, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and Magic Carpet.
- GOG does not have the rights to every Origin game--there are licensing issues preventing the release of System Shock.
- Privateer is the CD ("talkie") version but does not include Righteous Fire at this time. That may change in the near future.
- Privateer includes the game's manual and reference card as downloadable PDFs.