A new build of OBJ2WCP has been released! Kevin Caccamo got some fancy equation help from gr1mre4per and has published version 1.2 to fix some rendering issues. The tiny app is available here (15 k zip), and instructions are included. Happy importing!
OBJ2WCP is a model converter which reads OBJ models and outputs PAS files, which can be compiled into WCP/SO format IFF meshes with WCP Pascal.
-| Features |-
- Reads info from v, vt, vn, and f
- Support for multiple materials
- Support for full lighting on materials with "illum 0"
- Apparently it supports smoothing too
- Gives statistics about the model
- Tells the user what bitmap goes with what MAT number
- Gives understandable error information
- Attempts to calculate face normals (experimental)