Here are the nominees for the 10th annual CIC awards! Wingnuts can now vote for one pick in each category: Fan Project and Web Site of the Year. Things to consider include how big of an impact each undertaking had on the community and their sustained commitment to being Wing Commander fans. Of course, there were many daily contributions by many different people over the last year, so feel free to hit the comment button if you'd like to acknowledge anything that didn't make the cut. And without further delay, visit the voting booth here to cast your ballot!
- Ascii Sector announced that it will eventually be spun off into its own universe, but currently continues to get frequent bug fixes and impressive game updates.
- Astro Commander's Mini Models. The base 3d printed designs are available to order, and Astro's painted fleet is amazing.
- elend's Banshee is full of gorgeous detail and is one of the finest Wing Commander models ever made.
- Lin Kuei Ominae's Privateer 2 Editor wowed P2 fans with its plethora of customizable options and breathed new life into the Tri-System.
- Mincemeat's Superpatch fixes a host of lingering Windows compatibility issues and even works with the WC1 release.
- sol_hsa's DirectDrawHack program also works with the recent WC1 release, but instead of getting the games working, this program beefs up the graphics of Windows based WC games.
- Frontier Prelude to Darkness is a Wing Commander-inspired animated movie with a website that's constantly updated with status updates, behind-the-scenes bonuses and special features.
- HCl's Wing Commander Editing Site relocated to Solsector this year, and HCl continues to pump out dazzling Wing Commander hacks and extractions.
- Paper Commander had a big year with five fun new paper ships to build.
- WC Saga continues to post new updates about the pending release of 'The Darkest Dawn'.
- Wedge's Wing Commander is about as reliable a source of Wing Commander info as you can find anywhere on the internet.
- Wing Commander Tactical operations has both a web presence for its offline games and a budding test environment for its exciting online version.
There you have them! Head on over and vote for one from each category now!