This is the Star*Soldier gloss for the wanted page:
CONCEPT: This is the end! Also, the beginning. The Privateer 'wanted poster' was one of the first things that popped into my head. It was included in the original eight-page mockup of the manual (with the travel guide and the like). This is just a fun-as-hell visit to Privateer that works better than it should. Thank you all for reading and indulging me in all this, I hope you found something you enjoyed. Please post any questions to the chat zone and we will do a Q&A followup update in a few days. I hope to put all this text together, clean it up and offer it as a single document for whatever tiny portion of posterity needs such things.
- "Grayson Burrows" - This is one of several names given to 'Brownhair' in press materials. It's probably the most official, since it appeared in a press release (albeit a press release for 'Trade Commander').
- The picture! I'm so proud of this - we had neither the time nor the budget to make our own older-Brownhair image... luckily, Origin dit it for us! This is a scan of character artwork done earlier in the development of Privateer. They decreased his age and mean-quotient for the finished project but left behind the grizzled version for the year 2701.
- "MURDER AND PIRACY ON THE SPACELANES" - Several people were offended that I made Brownhair into some kind of remorseless killer. No! The point of this page is that he's found himself in trouble again - not that he's actually guilty of these crimes (and remember that you have to commit both murder and piracy just to get through the original Privateer...).
- "Hair: Brown" - Well, obviously! ('Brownhair' was the fan name for the character, since he had no official moniker in the game itself. Much credit goes to the rewritten dialogue in the talkie version... which manages to call him 'Captain' wherever the player name would have been in the original, without anyone picking up on the change.)
- "Confederate" - Wing Commander I used 'Confederate' several times; other games use it less and less. It fits the frontier feel I'm going for here, I think.
- "2670 model Centurion" - That's my ship -- our ship! Best 200,000 credits we ever spent.
- "green cannon" - I've heard this cited as a mistake in the manual. No! Intentional! I'm a romantic at heart and I really, really want to believe that Brownhair got his Steltek Gun back at some point. I'm sure many recall the ending of Righteous Fire being extremely frustrating for exactly this reason.
- "Aaron Burton" - Burton was the other name used for the character early in development; this one was never published.
- Flag - That's the black-and-white version of the Confederation flag as seen
- "Epsilon Prime Sheriff" - One, Brownhair is flying in the Arena area! Two, I like the idea of there being space sheriffs.