Standoff has reached another major milestone. Episode Fiction, the last red category on their Progress Meter, has changed to blue status (complete). There are still a handful of yellow and green items left to do, but this means that the highly-anticipated Episode 5 is well on its way. The team is now hard at work on missions, voiceovers, music and cutscenes. Here's Eder with the details.
Whoa. Who would've thought we'd ever see the day? I've finally removed the last bit of red from the status page - fiction has turned blue.
It's true, there's still a lot of yellow in Episode 5. The missions remain by far the biggest task still to be done. FMV is actually going very well, so perhaps in a few weeks "additional videos" may turn green as well, though this will only happen if the cutscene/briefing voiceovers turn blue. Which, incidentally, they may do in a matter of days, as they've just changed from yellow to green - we've recently received the very last cutscene/briefing voiceovers, and we only need to process them now.
There's lots going on in the music department, too - I've recently received a big chunk of cutscene music from Michael, to integrate into the FMV scenes. All in all, good progress, though missions are still going way too slow for my liking. And probably too slow for yours, too... so, what are you waiting for? :-P Drop by the forum and tell Pierre, Quarto and Pedro what you think about that! :-P
Meanwhile, I hope you excuse me if I take a moment to shamelessly promote a non-Wing Commander achievement from one of our team members... :-)
Andi Kravljaca, whom you all know as Commodore Reismann, has recently released his first music record! You see, when he's not busy playing bloodthirsty hardcore Confed officers, Andi sings in the Swedish metal band Silent Call. Their first record, released on August 22nd, is entitled Creations From A Chosen Path", and you can find some samples of each song on their website. On this record, apart from singing, Andi also occasionally plays the guitar - in particular, he does a solo on the song "Long Comes The Night". You can also hear (and see - which can be kinda scary :-P ) a lot of Andi playing the guitar in his YouTube videos.
So, if you like metal, be sure to check that out. Also, Andi tells me that Commodore Reismann "makes a guest appearance" on some of the songs in this album - which sounds to me like a damn good reason to buy the album! :-)
This is the Star*Soldier gloss for the second timeline page:
CONCEPT: See the previous post!
- "2634.235" - No changes.
- "2634.239" - Alternate version addition. From the Super Famicom version of Wing Commander I, translated from Japanese.
- "2639.033" through "2639.040" - This was the significant change to the original text. We had three versions to work from: the original in Claw Marks ('15 Years Ago') which has the correct system (Enyo), an updated version in the Super Famicom manual which adds more specific dates and details (ie, 2639.040 for the end, the 'pincer attack' plan) and the Victory Streak version which updates the original but gets the system wrong (McAuliffe) and ignores any additional details from the SFC timeline. So: I took the Victory Streak version but worked in the additional translated sentences and the dates from the SFC release and then slightly modified it to include both Enyo and McAuliffe rather than one or another.
- "2642.082" - Alternate version addition. From the Super Famicom version of Wing Commander I, translated from Japanese.
- "2644" - Restored/repaired! This entry comes from Claw Marks' separate history of the Tiger's Claw. I would have left it out except for the fact that Victory Streak incorrectly uses the 2644 date for Custer's Carnival, which was the 'five years ago' (2649) date in Claw Marks. They are separate stories!
- "2645-2653" - Alternate version addition. From the Wing Commander Academy series bible. Unfortunately I realize now that I left out two important additions from that same source. Reprinted here: "2635-2638 - Kilrathi raids decimate the Confederation border planets. Only determined resistance by the Terran space forces keep the Kilrathi from breaking through into the heart of the Confederation." and "2640-2643 - Inconclusive fighting among the border worlds. Some planets change hands as many as five tiems. Both sides seem to be stalemated."
- "2646.006" and "2648.305" - Alternate version addition. From the Super Famicom version of Wing Commander I, translated from Japanese.