This is the Star*Soldier gloss for the Crusader page:
CONCEPT: Most Origin games included this type of in-joke, if not in their manuals then in the games themselves. Voices of War advertised the Bioforge movie, Victory Streak had a review of System Shock, etc. I should note that these were in-jokes - no one meant for all Origin games to have a shared continuity.
The background is a heavily filtered version of (part of) the Crusader: No Remorse artwork. This page was originally a quarter-sized advertisement which was blown up to a full page because the concept deserved better. There's also a hilarious 'early sketch' placeholder of this where I drew the Crusader dude freehand in MS Paint somewhere...
- "Digital Holovid" - Per the Kilrathi Saga manual, this was the name of the production company that made the movie of 'A Treacherous Hero'.
- "true story" - Okay, despite what I just said, a bone for those single-continuity guys. This actually refers to the fact that the Secret Ops' fiction established that the WEC was a former Earth government in the Wing Commander continuity. Way-back-when, Captain Johnny (who wrote that fiction) noted that the only thing preventing the two games from taking place in the same world was Crusader's use of teleportation.
- "Aaron Dunbar" - The Wing Commander fan who was (at the time) working on a movie edit of Wing Commander IV's FMV footage.
- "No Mercy" - No Mercy was a cancelled Crusader sequel. Supposedly would have been more of an FPS - blah.
- "Ultraviolence" - Clockwork Orange.
- "Keenan Weaver" - The Crusader fan who runs 'Echo Sector', that communit's equivalent of the CIC.
- "Morgana Carr" - The actress daughter of Saranya Carr from Claw Marks, as introduced in the Secret Ops fiction.
- "Clint Mason" - Star of 'Hail SHODAN', the System Shock reference in Victory Streak.
- "Allen Amikov" - Star of 'Dangerous Angels', a holovid mentioned in Voices of War.
- "Aaron Henton" - Musician who's "techno-industrial discordance" album was reviewed in Victory Streak.
- "Tristan Roberts" - The Chris Roberts alter-ego, a famous director from the Wing Commander I & II Ultimate Strategy Guide.