This is the Star*Soldier gloss for the fourth powerups page:
CONCEPT: I had no idea the game even had different 3D models for the recharge stations until I saw them in a pack of artwork from Gaia! The fanboy in me had to create little specification sets for each one...
- "plates of extra Durasteel" - Again!
- Insect Names - I clearly said 'bug' when I saw these things. Cicada comes from having 'Brood X' cicadas appear in my home every seventeey years... Aphid is just a bug with a funny name... Scarab was the transport from the original Privateer manual... and Luna Moth was because a huge beautiful Luna Moth happened to land on my door the night I was writing this.
- "Mini Jump Point" - A bridge between the Wing Commander IV novelization (where a corvette with this ability is seen) and Privateer 2, where such gates are common! All that by the way of Secret Missions 2's 'mini jump points' that connected locations inside an individual system. Is it stretching it that a mini-jump point might take you from place to place inside a single huge space station? I will say... no.
- "Prototype" - The functionality here (damages nearby spaeccraft) was something that didn't make it into the finished game. I believe there was some hope that these would appear all around the space station map... but that was probably abandoned by the time I wrote this. I primarily included this because I wanted to make sure I used all the 3D renderings Gaia sent along, since they'd spent so much time making them. The broad term 'prototype' comes from Privateer 2, which used it to classify otherwise unidentified heavy military warships.
- "Pleiades Sector" - This is where Wing Commander Academy (the TV show) took place, according to the show's bible. It needs to be added to the Universe Map someday.
- "Delta Quad" - Poor Brownhair, Taryn got the credit for discovering the area of space with the Steltek Derelict.