This is the Star*Soldier gloss for the seventh systems page:
CONCEPT: See the previous post!
- "Antares Quadrant" - Straight out of the Wing Commander Universe map! Note that I used the original version and not the one found at the CIC - sadly, the additions there come more from a fan's desire to include everything than from necessary logic. I do mention plenty of the missing systems, but I stuck with Captain Johnny's elegant sector map rather than the more confused update. Note that the red colored systems are the ones visited in the article, not ones controlled by the Kilrathi.
- "gold rush" - Another attempt to insist that the galaxy was colonized in ways before and aside from the incidents involving the Pilgrims in the movie's history.
- "Wu Hegemony" - The Wu, according to Action Stations, were elephant-sized sentients enslaved by the Kilrathi two conflicts prior to the Terran war. The interesting thing here is that the Confederation apparently didn't free whatever was left of the Kilrathi slave races. A topic for future discussion!
- "Epsilon Initiative" - This campaign comes from the short history included in the Confederation Handbook.
- "First Repleetah" - An attempt to square seemingly contradictory descriptions of the Repleetah battle, which differ between the Confederation Handbook and Victory Streak.
- "duration of the war" - I always wondered what happened after Special Operations...
- "Firekka formally broke..." - This happens in Fleet Action.
- "Trafalgar Outerworlds" - Not an imaginary story! This system declares independance in one of the Wing Commander III newsbriefs.
- "Steltek derelict" - This was a plot considered for many potential stories after Secret Ops, including Strike Team, Privateer 3 and Shadow Force. In this capacity I'm not refering to a particular story save the "Boomer fiction" which claimed the Nephilim RIF group was searching for something specific.
- "surplus weapons now in civilian hands" - And there's the setting for Arena!
- "Mercenaries Guild" - One of two uninterestingly named entities from Privateer.
- "letters of marque" - Another reminder that Privateers are different from ordinary mercenaries and bounty hunters.
- "Black Lance" - Tolwyn's black ops group from Wing Commander IV; as I've said before, the idea is that there are now Allegorical Nazi Hunters whose job it is to bring Lancers to justice.