Electronic Arts has some interesting news -- Red Alert 3 will feature a large cast of 'name' actors rivaling that of Wing Commander III... which even includes one Wing Commander star (Tim Curry, Original Melek)! GameZine reports:
The most famous people in the cast include game veteran Tim Curry (Rocky Horror Picture Show, Congo), Kelly Hu (The Scorpion King, Sammo Hung's Martial Law), Jenny McCarthy (Scream 3, Playboy magazine) and George Takei (Star Trek, Prisoners of the Sun).
Quite a slap in the face to everyone who ever declared the big budget interactive movie dead -- including us! Sounds great - but where's Kari Wuhrer?
Other notable appearances will be made by Gemma Atkinson (Hollyoaks), Andrew Divoff (Lost), Ivana Milicevic (Casino Royale), Jonathan Pryce (Pirates of the Caribbean), JK Simmons (Law and Order, Juno), Autumn Reeser (The OC) and Peter Stormare (Prison Break, Armageddon).
Separated at birth?!
This is the Star*Soldier gloss for the fifth Joan's page:
CONCEPT: See the previous post!
- Note the shift from blue to red headers for the ship names, the color most assosciated with each faction.
- "Deuces" - This story comes from the rarely discussed second official guide to Wing Commander III, the "Authorized Combat Guide".
- "Blackfish-Type cloaking device" - The Confederation's visual cloak is named Blackfish in the Wing Commander Customizable Card Game (its counterpart is the Shroud sensor cloak).
- "Ki'ra Clan" - The idea that a particular clan builds a particular fighter design is new; Ki'ra was Baron Jukaga's clan from Fleet Action. They were the key competitor for the throne during the Terran/Kilrathi War (and before). This is to let everyone know that they're still out there, in some form (although Action Stations' introduction stated this nicely already, albeit with an odd misunderstanding of how Kilrathi names work.)
- "2668" - A new hard service entry date for the Darket! I chose 2668 because it was the earliest we had ever seen them - the Wing Commander IV novelization claims that Darket fought at the Battle of Earth.
- "Reduced Kilrathi Fleet" - Does this refer to the state of the Kilrathi fleet after their surrender to the Confederation... or the Kilrathi fleet after losses suffered against the Nephilim? It's left to your imagination on purpose.
- "Najji 'Fireclaw' nar Ragitagha" - Fireclaw was one of the Kilrathi aces in Wing Commander III... and in Arena! The idea that an ace can design his own 'improved' fighter actually comes from WC3, where the aces had fighters with superior guns/weapons and different textures.
- "Commerce Raiders" - Again, not something you can do in Arena... rather, something to fill out the universe.
- Note that the Stalker is three meters longer than the other Darket!