To make sure people were giving proper respect to the Concordia class Fleet Carrier, Marc has created an enhanced design based on his original Light Carrier model. The changes might be subtle on the outside, but the fleet carrier cruises with more than twice as many fighters into combat. Both are painted in fancy WC2-era colors, and the heavier ship is pictured second. An animated image shows a close up of certain details visible in WC4 DVD screenshots. The unique vessels are set to assume their proper roles in Ironduke's recently covered strategy game.
Time is running out to vote in CIC's annual Web Site & Fan Project of the Year awards contest. If you have not done so already, email your votes as soon as possible. The competition is still very close. Here are the nominees one more time!
Fan Project of the Year Nominees
- Das Erwachen (The Awakening) Fan Novel/CCG: This is Privateer II's tenth anniversary, and Deacon is celebrating in style -- with an entire fan novel and customizable card game available online!
- Flight Commander: Flight Commander is a Prophecy-style game engine created by EddieB that allows fans to build their own missions and scenarios!
- HCl's Prophecy Multiplayer/High Res/DVD video patch: As always, HCl has done the impossible -- added an entire multiplayer mode to Wing Commander Prophecy. It's something that even Origin believed impossible, and that has changed the way Wing Commander fans play their favorite game.
- Holding The Line: Holding the Line is a massive fan fiction serial which has been ongoing for several years -- well eclipsing the Wing Commander Aces fan club which spawned it.
- WC4 Homeworld 2 Mod: The Homemworld 2 mod took everyone by surprise -- Aaron Thomas has created entire Confederate, Border World and Black Lance factions that can already be played using the game's multiplayer!
- Wing Commander: Against All Odds RPG: AAO is a message board/IRC-based role playing game that has really taken off this year! AAO players frequent irc.wcnews.com for their various adventures.
- Wing Commander Pioneer: Pioneer is a ground-up Privateer-style game being developed by veteran artist Howard Day. No gameplay yet, but it certainly looks impressive!
Web Site of the Year Nominees
- Das Erwachen (The Awakening): Thanks to the graphic expertise of Hudson, The Awakening sorts an impressive Privateer II-themed website to go with its neat book and CCG.
- HCl's Wing Commander Editing Site: HCl's site may not be the prettiest in the universe... but it can't be beat in terms of true content. If you're interested in editing any Wing Commander game, it's a good bet you'll find what you're looking for here.
- Holding The Line: HTL isn't just a big story -- it has an excellent and tasteful reference site, too.
- Standoff: Standoff was project of the year last year... and this year their website is up for an award instead. Everyone is anxiously awaiting Episode 4... and this is the place to find out the latest!
- Wedge's Wing Commander: Wedge has put together an amazing collection of Wing Commander odds and ends, including complete scripts for every game!
- Wing Commander Saga: The Wing Commander Saga mod for Freespace 2 features a big, flashy website styled after Wing Commander IV's computer interfaces!
- Wing Commander: The Wasteland Incident: Wasteland is a mod for Wing Commander Secret Ops.