Your Favorite ship

No indeed. I just think it's rather amusing that Earthworm uses canon sources whenever they prove his point, and then when they blatantly prove him wrong, he suddenly decides that that source is obviously wrong.
smile.gif

Perhaps Earthworm is the great Canon Guru who decides what is canon and what isn't.
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, either way, he proves himself wrong, since he argued that fighters are never upgraded to front-line quality, and we all know that the Ferrets were more than adequate patrol fighters.

The Ferret was my favorite ship in WC2 actually... but I always was partial to light fighters.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

I'd go with either the Sabre or the Rapier because I can't remember which was which. I always like the medium figthers. The have decent speed and manuverability but also decent size guns. I did like some of the new ships in Special Operations 1 and 2 though. If only,they had come up with a better way for that nuke to work...............

That's what I thought. The one I was thinking was the Sabre. There was a time I liked the Rapier, but it's weapons pissed me off.

gimme the havy stuff! Raptor, Sabre, Morningstar, Excalibur,Thunderbolt, Avenger, Dragon, Vampire, oh baby!
smile.gif

no bombers tho, didn't like that longbow, Shrike, and Dev.

Yeah, I like medium fighters the best (Maybe bacause I still use either keyboard or mouse, and not a joystick
smile.gif
). They`re fast enough, maneuverable enough, while still packing a good enough punch to trash any ship in the area.
BTW, isn`t the Raptor classified as a heavy fighter?

During WC1, the Raptor was a heavy fighter.

Sonic, what's wrong with the guns? Is it that you don't have ITTS?

The Sabre kicks some heavy duty ass.
cool.gif

Quarto said:
No indeed. I just think it's rather amusing that Earthworm uses canon sources whenever they prove his point, and then when they blatantly prove him wrong, he suddenly decides that that source is obviously wrong.
smile.gif
Uh, no. Earthworm uses canon sources when they are obviously correct.
smile.gif
And the CH is obviously wrong about things like the start of the war, or first contact because all other sources that mention the start of the war say it started in '34 and the first (confirmed) contact was in '29. In this case, the CH doesn't prove anything wrong.
biggrin.gif

Twister said:
gimme the havy stuff! Raptor, Sabre, Morningstar, Excalibur,Thunderbolt, Avenger, Dragon, Vampire, oh baby!
smile.gif

But the Avenger is a bomber.
smile.gif
And the T-bolt is close enough.
Quarto said:
Well, either way, he proves himself wrong, since he argued that fighters are never upgraded to front-line quality,
No, he argued that most of the time fighters are never upgraded to front line quality. The most recent example that I can think of is the 'bow. It was retired in 2681, even though it wouldn't need much upgrades to be a front line bomber.

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited May 31, 2000).]

Originally posted by Earthworm:
But the Avenger is a bomber.
smile.gif
And the T-bolt is close enough.
the avenger? yeah well, it's suppused to be the answer to the longbow, but it's more of a Tbolt(which isn't a bomber just becouse it caries a torp) the avenger is way better than the bow, the avenger could still menouver, the bow couldn't
smile.gif

------------------
When I'm in the air...
I'm indestructible.
No one can stop me...
But they try.
Realy WC fans support the WCSCRP

[This message has been edited by Twister (edited May 31, 2000).]

oh BTW, the Tigershark beeing a very Very upgraded Hellcat? oke i'll buy that...

and
did you ever noticed that the Stilleto
p1stiletto.jpg
might just be The Mornigstar's
wc2morningstar.jpg
little sister? the just look alike. but that wouldn't make nence the Mster beeing a heavy fighter and the stilleto a light one, but maybe confed just needed a cheaper version...just some thoughts

------------------
When I'm in the air...
I'm indestructible.
No one can stop me...
But they try.
Realy WC fans support the WCSCRP

Twister said:
the avenger? yeah well, it's suppused to be the answer to the longbow, but it's more of a Tbolt
It han deal with fighters as easily as the T-bolt, but it definetly is more similar to the 'bow
(which isn't a bomber just becouse it caries a torp)
Yeah, but it's slow and it's manuverebility isn't that great.
smile.gif
Still a great fighter though.
the avenger is way better than the bow, the avenger could still menouver, the bow couldn't
smile.gif
Well, I agree that it's better, but it can manoeuver only a little better than the 'bow.
smile.gif
But I love the Stormfires.

Twister: I think the similarities are fairly superficial. Note the way their wing & engine configurations are quite different. Maybe they were simply made by the same designer?

Earthworm says:
Uh, no. Earthworm uses canon sources when they are obviously correct. And the CH is obviously wrong about things like the start of the war, or first contact because all other sources that mention the start of the war say it started in '34 and the first (confirmed) contact was in '29.
But that's the whole damned point! The CH has different dates because the MOVIE HAS DIFFERENT DATES. And you cannot reject one without automatically rejecting the other. You wanted proof that the Movie timeline doesn't mesh with the games? Well, you've got one. So accept it. The CH ISN'T WRONG - it's just different, like the rest of the Movie.

And Quarto would very much appreciate it if Earthworm would stop talking about himself in third person.

I'll agree with you on the Shrike, but how can you not like the Devastator...that ships can kill nearly anything (providing they are stupid enough to fly into its sights) with only one shot. Missiles, Mines, Torpedoes, Turrets, Plasma Cannon, Kitchen Sink...
oh BTW, the Tigershark beeing a very Very upgraded Hellcat? oke i'll buy that...
And is it just me or does the Tigershark look more like a Bearcat than a Hellcat?

------------------
'What goes around usually gets dizzy and falls over.'

Wing Commander - Secret Ops Missions
The Fanfiction Archives

Back