Your Favorite ship

What exactly are excals? Just thought I would ask, and in my opinion the Vampire and Wasp are the best in WCP, I havn't played much of the others so I cant judge them. The remoras are cool to, they dont do much but their a pain in the ass.

------------------
"We're gonna blow some shit up and burn some shit down, some of us may not come back and to those who don't I say thank you for the effort and hope you like hell..."

Jake "Psych0" Spaid
Captain of the TCS DarkCircus

First of all, sorry about the double post.

What I believe Twister means in that we do see the excals in WCP: SO. We all treat SO as a seperate game from WCP, howevr I believe that Twister is including SO as part of the WCP game, so what he says does make sense.

-=DeltaKiller=-

Twister just means that the excal existed during the time of wcp. I think it was in service from the end of wc3 on.

Terrorizer: But.... that.... does.... not.... make.... sense.....
smile.gif

Just because Excals exist at the Prophecy time doesn't mean anything. It's like saying that the Raptor is the best fighter in WC2 just because it's still in use at that time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't know what you see in the Scimitar, Q. If it had 4 lasers, now that might make it ok, but it just can't keep up with retreating Salthi and the MDs not long ranged enough to compensate.

I would have to say my favorite ship would have been the Sabre because of that nice fuselage and tremendous flexibility. The Sabre was the first ship I beat the Academy guantlet with.

The games that I have played:
WC3: the Arrow (nice, fast, it's SO FUN cutting Vaktoth to pieces with dual lasers!!!) tied with the Thud and Excal (for sheer firepower, even though the Excal had the speed and moves the Thud had that torpedo. Perfect for that annoying cruiser or carrier...)
WC4: Im sorry, the Dragon sort of takes it. Damn, on looks alone it beats out everything else except the Banshee (my other choice. Sportscraft with some wicked weapons, and the Stormfires are satisfying.)
WCP: I was sort of disappointed with these ships. The Hornet and the Vampire tied, because the Hornet had the missiles and the Vampire had the vulgarly powerful engines.
P2: The Duress and the Danrik are tied. I count the Danrik to be just a more powerful Duress, with about the same on the coolness factor.

Overall: the Dragon. Sheer coolness overall, disregarding all the other factors that make it great. The Marine LC out of Prophecy wasnt that bad either...

------------------
You deal death with your roars and your screams, your threats, your taunts, your overblown ego. I hand it out, one with the steel and the silence, the blackness around me, with a thought.

A Hornet? In Prophecy?
smile.gif

DH, the Scim is an awsome fighter!
smile.gif
It's got the agility, the shields/armor, the missiles and the guns. Say whatever you want, but 2 MD's are definetly better than 4 lasers. Even if you don't get longer range.

Uh... no, the Scim hasn't got the agility, actually
smile.gif
. But I like it. For one thing, it looked great. Another thing was the nice, roomy cockpit with good visibility.
Mostly, though, it was the Mass Drivers. They're a good weapon, though their range is admittedly a bit short.
Finally, there's what I call the "junk" factor - everybody else seems to think the Scim is junk. So, I like the Scim, just to be irritating.

I didn't particularly like the Sabre - its armour is just a bit too thin for my liking. Though it is a good craft overall.

Why do you hate the Dragon so much, Quarto?
So what if it`s kind of a spoiler because a 2 year-old can fly it, it`s specs are still very good compared to almost all ships.

Well, now, I dinna say I hate the Dragon. Don't get me wrong. It looks nice enough. But I much prefer the way those other ships look. Yes, I really do think the Scim looks better than the Dragon
smile.gif
. And as for the stats... well, the Dragon's stats are just way too good. I prefer a pair of Mass Drivers over the Dragon's armament any day. There's not enough challenge when flying the Dragon.

Death's Head said:
Sabre armor thin? If it were as effectively immobile as the Broadsword, it may need twice as much or so, but damn why do you want more armor, especially with that awesome shield recharge?
You mean you never noticed the poor armor and thin side shields on the Sabre?

How is the Morningstar faster than the Sabre?
Uh, I didn't say it was faster, but it was better. I couldn't keep up with a lot of cat ships, and I couldn't destroy them with Sabres sucky guns. The 3 Particles from the 'star were much better, and didn't make it neccessary for me to chase after fighters. And 'stars armor and shields were much stronger.

*Rubs his eyes* What?
smile.gif
If you're into looking through a war museum at the old fighters because of thier looks, I guess you could say you have an appreciation for a classic design.
biggrin.gif
I agree with Q, the Scim does look better. The Dragon looks bad in the game IMO, though it looked great in the ship selection screen.

Challenge, you say? You have got to get yourself into a Remora and take on a fighter cluster in one of those things!
biggrin.gif
Remoras are unmaned drones.
smile.gif
I doubt they even have any space to carry someone.

I've always felt the the Dragon is WAY too munch of a min\maxed ship. Infinite afrerburn, 10 missile bays, 2 torps, the turning and speed of an Arrow, and massive armorments. Is there anything you CAN'T kill in one of those? I think that it's a good thing they got a bad rep, with the production of those things, the game might become too easy.

My thoughts,

-=DeltaKiller=-

Quarto said:
Uh... no, the Scim hasn't got the agility, actually
smile.gif
It does. It's good even for a medium fighter, though it's the second worst in the game.
I didn't particularly like the Sabre - its armour is just a bit too thin for my liking. Though it is a good craft overall.
I found it a bit…. slow. The Morningstar was much better. Ah…. the sight of a Mace blowing up a Fraltha was beautifull.
smile.gif

You see, Q? He's being sarcastic.

Sabre armor thin? If it were as effectively immobile as the Broadsword, it may need twice as much or so, but damn why do you want more armor, especially with that awesome shield recharge?

"I found it a bit…. slow. The Morningstar was much better. Ah…. the sight of a Mace blowing up a Fraltha was beautifull"
*Wipes confused look of face*
How is the Morningstar faster than the Sabre?

"Yes, I really do think the Scim looks better than the Dragon"
*Rubs his eyes* What?
smile.gif
If you're into looking through a war museum at the old fighters because of thier looks, I guess you could say you have an appreciation for a classic design.
biggrin.gif

"There's not enough challenge when flying the Dragon."
Challenge, you say? You have got to get yourself into a Remora and take on a fighter cluster in one of those things!
biggrin.gif

"Finally, there's what I call the "junk" factor - everybody else seems to think the Scim is junk. So, I like the Scim, just to be irritating."
Do you remember how I confessed my appreciation for the Scim? Perhaps you're not as irritating as you thought.
biggrin.gif
It was irritating, however to read that most of the last Scims were blasted by Hellcats of all things.
frown.gif

No kidding the Dragon's looks are better in the selection than the game. Does anyone have a shot of that?

BTW, I am sorry for my lack of comment on WC2 and WC1, which from the talk I take are the best of the series (possibly excluding 4). Luckily this should change though.

------------------
You deal death with your roars and your screams, your threats, your taunts, your overblown ego. I hand it out, one with the steel and the silence, the blackness around me, with a thought.

First of all, I should point out that I made a mistake in saying the Sabre's armour was too thin. I meant the shields
smile.gif
. Oh, and if you consider 20cm of armour to be poor, Earthworm, then you're crazy. That's close to triple the armour on a Rapier.
The shields, however, are indeed quite thin - 8cm. But their saving grace, as Death's Head pointed out already, is their recharge rate - best in the game, 'cept for the Ferret.

Death's Head: Of course I have an appreciation of classic design
smile.gif
Do you remember how I confessed my appreciation for the Scim? Perhaps you're not as irritating as you thought.
biggrin.gif
Aw, darn.
smile.gif

It was irritating, however to read that most of the last Scims were blasted by Hellcats of all things.
frown.gif
[Dying bug]Impossible!![/Dying bug]
Hmm. That just tells me that I'm right to choose the Scim as the main fighter for UE - just to prove that they're not as useless as everyone thinks they are
smile.gif

Non, I don't have games installed.

You can fly the remora by running a ship swapper patch and I assume you can fly it if you use WCPedit.

Surely you didn't think I meant one could get inside a Remora?

The way you said it, you made it out to be faster the 'star out to be faster.

"You mean you never noticed the poor armor and thin side shields on the Sabre?"
No, I have not noticed side shields on any WC3 ship, nor is 20 or 18 cm thin.

"And 'stars armor and shields were much stronger."
The 'star has 20 on all sides. Big difference. The Morningstars shields recharge quite a few times slower than the Sabre's. About the Particle cannons, you need 3 to kill fighters? I use either pair of the Sabre's most of the time. I also rarely have trouble hitting targets, even the smaller ones. The shields take forever to recharge on the Morningstar and are less than twice as thick.

Hmm I should have finished my last reply before starting to bake a pizza.

I'm looking forward to seeing your story about the dust cannons.
smile.gif

I just don't see how the Morningstar is a better ship, I couldn't argue if someone preferred to fly it, but saying it's better as a fighter just seem...biased in some way.

Hmm, well, if Earthworm thinks the Morningstar is a superior fighter, that's fine by me
wink.gif

As for the dust cannons... you'll see indeed...
smile.gif

Back