Wing commander the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Treguard
Yeah it's not made very clear what exactly *that* object is that fired off from the station.

I'd have to pop in my dvd to be sure, but I'm pretty sure as well that before recording the message He says something about preparing a drone or message drone. Then he finishes and presses a big red button that releases the drone. Then it cuts the the drone launching.... To bad my DVD is at home and I'm not:(

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

The original movie-as-filmed was that the commander of Pegasus (Admiral Wilson) was a Pilgrim traitor -- he allowed the Kilrathi to take the station and was the reason the NavCom couldn't be read.

The entire thing got cut after test audiences didn't recognize Wilson when he reappears later in the movie.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The movie was about 100 minutes... with the cut scenes it would have been longer...

Any way that we can get this deleted scene?

It was numerous deleted scenes throughout the movie -- lots of stuff got cut.

We'll probably never see it. I guess it's something to look for if I ever find WC2 SNES and Pilgrim Truth... (G)

You could email Roberts and see if he can send you some of the cutting room floor footage I'm sure was kept over at DA for post-production.

I heard theres a great cut of Freddie Prinze Jr doing an about face and clocking his head on an overhead pipe so hard he falls flat on his ass...

Wondering how hard it would be to digitize the material? Or if they already have a digital copy on the bottom of their desk drawer or ssomething?

If they did that it would be easy for them to post them on a web site "for the fans". Then eager enthusiasts could paste together their own cut of the movie!:D

Originally posted by Frosty
Bottom line, folks: many of us here have already heard everything negative you could possibly say about the movie. The issue is a dead horse, quit beating it.
Try beating a dead horse some time, and you'd find it's actually quite fun.

Manic, to reply to one of your earlier posts in this thread (sorry I've been away for awhile), aside from some new understandings, such as the whole Pilgrim thing, the movie and the WC game universe cannot be 100% tied together. The thing that should give it away is that the Kilrathi never got that close to Earth during the Tiger's Claw era. (well duh). The storyline was obviously made up for a general, non-WC audience.

And Bandit, I know for sure the captain of the Tiger's Claw was mentioned, if not in the game, then in the novel(s). I just finished reading the 4th book and I remember reading it relatively recently, so it's either in Fleet Action or in Heart of the Tiger (I think the latter). But the name was only mentioned once or twice I believe, so it's easy to overlook.

The thing that should give it away is that the Kilrathi never got that close to Earth during the Tiger's Claw era. (well duh). The storyline was obviously made up for a general, non-WC audience.

The obvious question is -- says who? The reference you're thinking of is from Fleet Action, which claims that the inner worlds were 'untouched'. Why should a book by Bill Forstchen be *more* accurate than a script by Chris Roberts?

Failing that line of argument, it must be pointed out that there is no contradiction -- the Kilrathi don't attach Earth. The homeworlds are left untouched...

And Bandit, I know for sure the captain of the Tiger's Claw was mentioned, if not in the game, then in the novel(s). I just finished reading the 4th book and I remember reading it relatively recently, so it's either in Fleet Action or in Heart of the Tiger (I think the latter). But the name was only mentioned once or twice I believe, so it's easy to overlook.

Captain Thorn appears in Freedom Flight (and is later referenced in Heart of the Tiger). The events of Freedom Flight take place a year *after* the movie, so there's absolutely no contradiction (especially considered that Captain Sansky is *killed* -- the Captain would *have* to be different afterwards...).

He's got a point there... Who you gonna believe? Some fanfic writer(though a damn good one), or the creator of the concept itself?

Novels aren't fanfic. The reason the term fanfic exists is to distinguish it from *regular* fiction...

The books seem to follow the series farely well and have added to the series. The movie, in my opinion does fit into the series. Though some of the fighters and capital ships are different then the games, I believe that there is a good possibility that the ships that were seen in the movie are just predecessors to the ones in the game. Though the TIGER CLAW is different than the computer game version the end look was probably changed at the last minute to better appeal to audiences.

Well, I mean like the looks being changed... because the Tiger Claw in the movie looks differently than the one in the game. I don't know why they changed it or what the reasoning was behind it...:confused:I was just making my own conclusions...

Originally posted by pygmypiranha
The books seem to follow the series farely well and have added to the series. The movie, in my opinion does fit into the series. Though some of the fighters and capital ships are different then the games, I believe that there is a good possibility that the ships that were seen in the movie are just predecessors to the ones in the game. Though the TIGER CLAW is different than the computer game version the end look was probably changed at the last minute to better appeal to audiences.

That is disturbing, weird..stupid...
You expected THE SAME ships, with THE SAME SHAPE as WC1??

Chris Roberts changed it because he didn't want the ship to be a bright green cartoony thing...

Originally posted by Ghost
You expected THE SAME ships, with THE SAME SHAPE as WC1??

No, I was just commenting on the fact that that was the only major difference between the movie and the games.

Originally posted by TC
Chris Roberts changed it because he didn't want the ship to be a bright green cartoony thing...
I wouldn't want a bright green cartoony thing either, but it wouldn't have to be. I like the WCATV version of the Tiger's Claw because it remains faithful to the original game's design - and that ship isn't bright green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back