Wing Commander: The Movie?

The P-38 is a american Fighter that was used in WW II, now how could still be around cockpits from +30 years old fighters?
Besides that in a museums of course.

Umm... the Lockheed P-38 Lightning is indeed an American WWII fighter.

The English Electric F1 Lighting is a British Interceptor. It holds the distinction of being the last all British RAF fighter, and the first British aircraft to achieve Mach 2. Its main weaknesses were a (very) short range and (like the F-4 Phantom) it was built in the era when we believed that missiles were the only way of the future.

True, that fighter was from the time that England used the V force (Vulcan, Valient and another bomber that I cant remenber the name), they were typical stationed in scotish bases.
Then comes the polaris programs and the use of SAM sites to defend GB.

about the cats.

well, I think the cats from the movie just happen to be a race of the cats from kilrathi. Think of them as the sphinx breed of the kilrathi. They exist just as much as the furry ones.

So? The Kilrathi look different in every game. This includes ones that we know the identities of (eg. Hobbes, the Emperor, Thrakath etc)

TC

Nah, I have to disagree on that...

Through WC III and IV, the Kilrathi are consistent. Same old "more-than-two-meters-tall" and "furry hariball" types... :)

They aren't that consistent... they look different enough :) . And that still doesn't take into account WC1, 2, Academy, Armada, Privateer and Prophecy.

TC

They really aren't consistent at all in WC3 and 4... I mean, Melek (the only Kilrathi we see in WCIV) looks *completely different* from how he did in WC3. If looking completely different is a mark of consistancy, I'm living in GIANT DEMO CITY.

melek1.jpg

melek2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The WCIII Melek picture is scanned from the CCG. The WCIV one was grabbed and cropped from the DVD version of WC4.

Back