Wing Commander reality

Ok, this is a very dangerous topic, it would seem. Any time now, one of those religious fanatics will come by and yell at you guys. So, just be careful not to name any religion in particular, lest I be forced to smack thee for causing trouble
smile.gif

(Personally, I don't mind since I'm really only officially Christian, but trust me... there's always someone who does mind)

But as for that agenda, you couldna be more correct, DH.
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is why that's all I said, I've been around long enough to know a couple things.
smile.gif

Nobody really wants me to start talking about religion, believe me. It was just my first attempt at a topic drift. Quite sucessful if I might add.
wink.gif

Here's a question, how do you defnine a religous fanatic? How far do you have to go before you are one?

I don't mind the occasional religous disscussion.

Dark Drift Jedi,

-=DeltaKiller=-

DeltaKiller: Oh, you know... dreams of death at the hands of the heathens... that sort of thing.

Mad Hatter: Thou shalt not take credit for someone else's accomplishments!
smile.gif
If you look far enough down the thread, you will find that it was in fact Hero that drifted into religions.
smile.gif

Ahh, my power of the drift is indeed storng
wink.gif

All those talkes about hell kinda reminds me Thrakhath's messege in WC3... Now there's a religous fanatic for ya
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Hero (edited June 03, 2000).]

Quarto said:
If you look far enough down the thread, you will find that it was in fact Hero that drifted into religions.
smile.gif

Oh come on, Quarto, that doesn`t count, that was ages ago.

Darn!
smile.gif

*grins*
biggrin.gif

Perhaps you should try shifting the subject instead of drifting off the subject.
Anyone's suggestion is as good as mine.

*shrugs*
wink.gif

*smirks*
I only left the chat zone for a couple of months, and now what? I'm demoted from Captain to a Jig?
smile.gif

TC said:
Where I shalt eat naught but burning hot coal and drink naught but burning hot cola!

Where fiery demons will punch me in the back, where my soul will be chopped into confetti and strewn upon a parade of murderers and single mothers, where my tongue will be torn out by ravenous birds...

Is it just me or do a lot of our threads have something about the Simpsons in them.
wink.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

The Drift is a fickle force, Mad Hatter
smile.gif
. Should you try to control it, it will surely strike back.
smile.gif

Dralthi5: Quite. Quite right, Captain. It is the Simpsons, isn't it?
smile.gif

The Drift can be manipulated though... at the expense of one's sanity.

I pull my sword from thy chest; searing pain strikes apon thee. Thy's fate rests with the soul, where the body rests with its own.

I could have written the whole oath/pledge thingy but I didn't feel the need too because the bit I wrote is the best part
smile.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

I've forgot how that thing went exactly, but then again I haven't watched the simpsons for a very long time
frown.gif
. And I'm still trying to find that episode about RadioActive Man! It's that easy to find when you have something like 30-40 vids of it...

SNPP (http://www.snpp.com) is an utterly valuable resource for finding Simpsons quotes for online arguments and such...
smile.gif

Or, if you've been a Simpsons nut for as long as I have, you've already got them stored up in your brain.

I sure do love annoying the hell out of people by spouting Simpsons quotes.
smile.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited June 04, 2000).]

DeltaKiller, glad you brought this up. No you're not crazy (in an insane sense) but rather in an extreme sense. Without rational extremeness (not the Tolwyn/Border World Conflict) but disciplined preparedness for humanity to use to train with, humanity will be less prepared for when it needs to fight. I played WC because I wanted the willpower training, the challenge of pushing myself more and more so if I had needed to go to war, I'd be more prepared (aerial combat isn't taught in high school). Most classmates at my old high school wanted me to play Bear Bondarevsky because of my temper. Actually, WC did help me improve my social life and calm me down as well as improve my spirit and aerial combat abilities -- I lined up my crosshairs on a plane instantly. The WC novels depict the emotions extremely well -- I actually got scared when I RPGed Col. Blair reading Heart of the Tiger (in regards to Angel's death) and The Price of Freedom (in regards to Seether and his genetic enhancements.

"You know? I think that the WC series may be one of the only action games that truely deals with war and death the same way that you do in real life. That`s one of the reasons I really appreciate the game.
Although I haven`t played that many games in general, I don`t think I have ever encountered a game that deals with this stuff so realistically."

I have the same feelings too. I mean, WC1 alone was realistic enough for me. I still remember the chats and emotions with the Tiger's Claw gang.

Warfare. I, for one, I'm quite glad our generation is yet to experience one like WWI or WWII. My grandfather refuses to talk about his experience in WWII.
To return to an old spot on this stream: I think warfare is generally caused by two things: fear of the unknown, (as in WC)and pride. (Like Hitler and the Japanese in WWII)
You may disagree w/ me, but, being a religious fanatic I'm curious as to why some believe that the authors of the Bible were a "bunch of old fools" "with an agenda."
I'm not offended, or going to declare Jihad on all who think the Bible is a bunch of superstitions, just curious.

I don't believe they had an agenda ,or old fools (I know enough young ones
smile.gif
) I'm just not prepared to believe that what's written in a 2000 year old book is the truth. If God's so almighty (or if he excists for that matter) then why doesn't he just say so? He's also so hypocritical (I'll save the Jews, but I'll kill a few million Egyptians, I'll give the Jews a country, but first I'l let them kill the people who already live there WITH my consent) Why the Jews? He could have made his power known to the Egyptians and converted them? And I definetly refuse to call somebody my lord. If he wants to be my lord and let me be obedient to him then he can come right on down and kick my ass into submission. I know I'm babbling incoherently here, but I really haven't got a lot of time today.

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

Hail to the king, baby.
-Ash, housewares

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Back