Wing Commander Flat Universe

No worries my friend, the time and all the effort you have put in this is incredible. If there is anything I can do to assist you, on whatever level, I'm in, just ask.

No worries.
Hats off to all the time you're spending.

looking forward to blowing you out of your seats ;)

No worries my friend, the time and all the effort you have put in this is incredible. If there is anything I can do to assist you, on whatever level, I'm in, just ask.

Gash guys you can't believe how happy you make me feel. Thank you, even for mentioning!

All good, I still have no idea how to actually fly right in the game.
Hey Whistler,
This is still the first online version you are trying to play. That means that you can't play in singleplayer mode but only online. With the up coming one you will have the option to host your own room and play even alone (but there not much to do that way).
However, you can still down load the older single player version 0.8.5 if you want to play the old training missions.:)

Even though I'm not able to attend the tournament, I'm still looking forward to the new release. :)

However, you can still down load the older single player version 0.8.5 if you want to play the old training missions.:)

Are there any plans to reintegrate the old training missions in future versions? Even though the turrets were a bit overpowered, these missions offered a good way to get used to FU's controls.
Also, is the tournament going to be recorded or live-streamed?

Hey Fek,
...Are there any plans to reintegrate the old training missions in future versions?...
There are plans to create a quick mission editor where he will have the option to create an environment that will contain a turret field or mine field etc.
Later, the Bar will come back eventually and the simulator together with it, where you will be able to fly training missions on a single player mode and hopefully with a premature AI a gauntlet WC1 type of match.

Also, is the tournament going to be recorded or live-streamed?
We were preparing to make the live-stream on our own. We will keep you posted!:)

Dear WingNuts,

It seems that lady luck was not on our side for this event. Although, we did make a serious progress from our last weeks attempt the problems are keep coming. Therefore, we have decided to postpone this event until we feel absolutely sure that we are ready on every aspect.
We are sooooooo very sorry for all that mess, but since we are making FlatUniverse mostly with love, we are always want to provide the community with a quality project as we expect it to be.
We are going to be back with much more details.

As always thank you for your great support and incredible tolerance and understanding.

the MaslasBros

Saturday, 6th of October, 16:00 UTC

Two days are only left from the FlatUniverse: Tournament.
And ONLY the lucky ones who will JOIN US will fly this BABY...

whosbad.jpg

It might be YOU!

the MaslasBros

Last edited:
Dear WingNuts,

We are very pleased to learn that the CIC Community selected Flat Universe as project of the year 2018. Thank you!
Your love and support to our efforts is usually counted equally for every and each one of you in our hearts.
But this time is different...
This prize, belongs equally to two devoted WingNuts and FlatUniverse fans!

Thank you guys, both of you!

Also, might I add that this game is actually up and running, you can play it you know.. you do however need to get your friends from here(or anywhere) if you want somebody to shoot at.. for now it's purely team-based deathmatch..

Hey Salk,

Thank you very much for all your kind words and by that I feel obliged to give an explanation on our long inactivity.
Currently we made a move towards the simulation development sector and I must admit it was quite successful.
That said, our recent professional move absorbs all of our development time and that will continue for quite a while.
Please keep in mind the following facts...

• First and foremost. All of us who love FlatUniverse we owe a big thank you to Mace who maintains the FlatUniverse EU server both technically and financially by his own pocket.
  • FlatUniverse is active and in working condition, it is free and anybody could just get a pal and have an hour on WC Multiplayer fun.
  • Even with not much support and promotion both from us (the MaslasBros) and the community it gets a constant number of monthly registrations. It might not be enough to show some powerful population 24/7 but you can't change the numbers.
We are here and we will stay for a while or more :)
Thank you again!

Hey Salk,

Thank you very much for all your kind words and by that I feel obliged to give an explanation on our long inactivity.
Currently we made a move towards the simulation development sector and I must admit it was quite successful.
That said, our recent professional move absorbs all of our development time and that will continue for quite a while.
Please keep in mind the following facts...

• First and foremost. All of us who love FlatUniverse we owe a big thank you to Mace who maintains the FlatUniverse EU server both technically and financially by his own pocket.
  • FlatUniverse is active and in working condition, it is free and anybody could just get a pal and have an hour on WC Multiplayer fun.
  • Even with not much support and promotion both from us (the MaslasBros) and the community it gets a constant number of monthly registrations. It might not be enough to show some powerful population 24/7 but you can't change the numbers.
We are here and we will stay for a while or more :)
Thank you again!
No problem guys, but I honestely wish we used this server to it's full potential! Ahh, both of us are busy...

Even with minimal changes on the development side, if the server and everything else is fully functional, it's not a bad idea to 'relaunch' the game to a modern audience. Provide updated introductions/tutorials, schedule competitive events and highlight other community features.

Right now during the holiday season isn't necessarily the best time to do this, but it's still worth considering.

I got a calendar working for the geminisector RPG, I think having such a thing could help for F-U also.

Back