Wing Commander Flat Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Projects & Editing' started by Maslas, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Mace

Mace Vice Admiral

No worries my friend, the time and all the effort you have put in this is incredible. If there is anything I can do to assist you, on whatever level, I'm in, just ask.

Maslas likes this.
  2. Maslas

Maslas Rear Admiral

Gash guys you can't believe how happy you make me feel. Thank you, even for mentioning!

3. Whistler

Whistler Commodore

All good, I still have no idea how to actually fly right in the game.

4. Maslas

Maslas Rear Admiral

Hey Whistler,
    This is still the first online version you are trying to play. That means that you can't play in singleplayer mode but only online. With the up coming one you will have the option to host your own room and play even alone (but there not much to do that way).
    However, you can still down load the older single player version 0.8.5 if you want to play the old training missions.:)

5. FekLeyrTarg

FekLeyrTarg Commodore

Even though I'm not able to attend the tournament, I'm still looking forward to the new release. :)

Are there any plans to reintegrate the old training missions in future versions? Even though the turrets were a bit overpowered, these missions offered a good way to get used to FU's controls.
    Also, is the tournament going to be recorded or live-streamed?

6. Maslas

Maslas Rear Admiral

Hey Fek,
    There are plans to create a quick mission editor where he will have the option to create an environment that will contain a turret field or mine field etc.
    Later, the Bar will come back eventually and the simulator together with it, where you will be able to fly training missions on a single player mode and hopefully with a premature AI a gauntlet WC1 type of match.

We were preparing to make the live-stream on our own. We will keep you posted!:)

7. Whistler

Whistler Commodore

That will do nicely, if for nothing else but control familiarity. Gotta work on that muscle memory ;)

8. Maslas

Maslas Rear Admiral

Dear WingNuts,

It seems that lady luck was not on our side for this event. Although, we did make a serious progress from our last weeks attempt the problems are keep coming. Therefore, we have decided to postpone this event until we feel absolutely sure that we are ready on every aspect.
    We are sooooooo very sorry for all that mess, but since we are making FlatUniverse mostly with love, we are always want to provide the community with a quality project as we expect it to be.
    We are going to be back with much more details.

As always thank you for your great support and incredible tolerance and understanding.

the MaslasBros

ChrisReid likes this.