Wing Commander affected our lives

Umm... I'm not sure I understand all of what you said...
what's your mom being disabled have to do with how you get along with the other kids at your school?

I dunno... when I was like 7 or 8 everyone fought with each other all the time at my school. It wasn't personal or anything though, just like, "Hey, lets pretend we're vampires today and start bitting people!"

No one ever tried anything with a pencil that I remember though.... anyways I hope you work it out.

Certianly not the first or last pencil incident. It amazes me what a teacher will just ignore, it seems like only kindergarden and grade one teachers actually do anything. Can't really blame them though, once you get higher and higher up, there is the increasing chance that one of the little bullies will pull a weapon on you. It seems the lunacy only ends once you reach university.

Originally posted by Quarto
But Wedge... Mariah Carey?
Fine, I was just using her as an example of the variety of what I like, even if it does seem extreme to some people. :)

Would Smashing Pumpkins and Eiffel 65 work better?

Or how about U2 and Madison Avenue?

Try listening to Linkin Park(sp?) and Fragma back to back. I like both of their recent hits too. :)

I started playing Byydo's Crazy Sinatra Collection while I was playing SubSpace... AND THEN I GOT WAY BETTER AT THE GAME! True story! Except the part about getting better!

What my mother has to do with the guys at school? Some guys know me very long...since the kindergarden and they didn't like me. And so they know my mother is disabled. At the High School (the German Gymnasium), they gave it on to the others. The new leaders were chosen. It were the radicalest ones...for example we made last year a class-journey there were some disabled people in the big youth-hotel we lived...they didn't like them and intervenated at the teachers why 'Fuckin disabled are at the hotel..' (fell in a smalltalk they made...not in front of the teacher). That says all...and some are also against foreigners. My mother is disabled,because of that I am different-->that made me become outsider from the first moment ( I'd never say something against a disabled human being, said they're talking shit etc...), never held back with my opinion, the disabled girl in my class is my friend...are that reasons?
I am too normal...too human. In my class are all afraid of that radical leaders...if somebody says something he's punished.He becomes outsider...is insulted etc. That would nobody do. I did it...I have the consequences. I am self-guilty. But I've chosen the right way for me...with the other I couldn't live. Me and insulting foreigners or DISABLED? With a disabled mother? Never!

How old are you Manjana? Maybe you have already answered it, but I am curious.

P.S. This is an easy tech question- how do you enable AutoPlay for CD's on your computer? Somehow it went away :).

[Edited by Hobbie on 04-22-2001 at 16:52]

to enable autoplay right click on my computer goto properties then goto the device manager tab then double click cdrom drives then goto the second tab and check auto insert notification

Originally posted by Wedge009
Fine, I was just using her as an example of the variety of what I like, even if it does seem extreme to some people.
Oh, it's not that it's extreme. I've got nothing against Tina Arena, for example, but Mariah Carey... her voice is just unbearable. It makes me want to go out on a suicide mission :).

Would Smashing Pumpkins and Eiffel 65 work better?
Or how about U2 and Madison Avenue?
Try listening to Linkin Park(sp?) and Fragma back to back. I like both of their recent hits too.
Well, I've only heard Smashing Pumpkins and U2, of that lot. Smashing Pumpins are pretty much hopeless (in my opinion, of course), and U2... well, they're not too bad, I guess.

...But if you really want contrast, try Cold Chisel's Goodbye back to back with Enya :D.

[Edited by Quarto on 04-23-2001 at 09:50]

:D. Fine said...would be fun. Normally people commit suicide if a band goes apart (Take That). I heard two or more girls really did...but this really better concerns the girls. Not you...
But because of Mariah Carey??? Suicide??? Okay, I also get wantage to kill...but her. To be quiet.

I was quoting Vaquero, from WC3, actually :). He mentioned that in some systems, the music is all minor chords, just makes you wanna go out on a suicide mission. Seemed like an appropriate analogy, don't you think? ;)

music can have quite a strong effect on people but suicide
if i ever feel the need to commit suicide cos a band split up then id do it to rid the world of another looney

and now back to the point
wc has an affect on everyone who plays it
thats the point
thats why its not just x-wing
you see they designed the game and plot to extract emotion, so that you genuinely cared it was an rpg in a flight sim

but its still a hobby and whilst like any other hobby it can become excessive
its not what life is about
its a dream
a fantasy
and i for one although id like to live there again (hoping for a new wc) wouldnt want to live there forever

[Edited by madman on 04-23-2001 at 16:25]

WC Music brings affect too

Alright. You guys must've love the dynamics in WC.

Wing Commander has made a lot of us look up to the series, either it is simply the game or story or ethics... in other words it is rich and richer than most games too.

Here's a little side question: What do you think about Ultima Online? Pls give any free answers, do not give answers to make me happy... just give me honest ones.

Back