Wing Commander affected our lives

It was just an example. But yep...Kris would propably do earlier. Really, personal photos don't belong right in here. Or would one of you begin to put some in here? I don't believe. We know each other sometimes very well and get to know much about each other. But we all like the anonymity...of just giving data in here. The data we want the others to know. I really believe photos don't belong to that. If you would really want it I wouldn't have something against it, but I don't want to get trouble with Admins. I don't have to hide my body...*LOL*. But it's better if you wait until my HP goes online...I had today the time to think about...and I'll really begin to work at it...:)

Back to the topic

Manjana... I'm your postings are diverting from the topic. Had WC helped you do things beside playing it? Like meeting new guys and sort?

How has WC affected your life? I'm doing this because I want to hear us voice our opinions about WC and the effect WC gave to us as a person.

For some it helped us boost our self esteem. It had boosted mine for a while. For others it mades us feel like being the hero. Well... Christopher Blair was the galaxy's greatest hero, but he wouldn't be one if it weren't for the men and women fighting besides him and the civilian population who provided the logistcs.
Some of us have ideals learned from WC. I have learn many from WC... and also from my real life. Many can be learned from WC... but there also more which we can be learn from our globe's past and histories.

Many of the foolish mistakes in the past were somehow repeated in WC, but converted according to the time and technology. Yet, in WC we got the chance to choose what to do about it.

[Edited by TheFraix on 04-18-2001 at 18:34]

Meeting new guys??? That would be easilier if I lived in the USA...but here in Germany most live 200-300 kilometres away. Though even if I'd like to get some better to know..it is just possible via Internet.
And whether WC changed my life...some days/weeks I was fanatic. But then I became realistic, changed my mind. And now I come here because of the nice guys.:)
But I have to say I last played WC three weeks ago....now I have PC games which affect me more at the moment.

Hey guys!

Do you have any other hobbies like sports or music? An hobby beside playing games (including WC).

Me myself... I happen to like gymnastics and swimming. I also read many books and like to chat about... virtually anything. Sometimes, I also enjoy hearing to people and let them voice their opinions (just as we are doing now).

So, what's your hobbies?

(I hope it's not just eating a lot and not enough exercise.)

Other than playing computer games, mostly WC, I enjoy RC models, ranging from RC cars, RC boats, RC planes and rockets. I also get into running sound for bands. I also have a recording studio. I enjoy a good swim, fishing, camping and taking long road trips. Of course my latest project is my "Project Centurion" which will take up all my free time from my other hobbies.

I dont get into much sports except a good episode of Smack Down once in a while. Battle Dome is another sport program I watch often. Unfortunately I cant get the XFL broadcasts cause my dish went poof!

RFB

[Edited by RFBurns on 04-19-2001 at 14:09]

Hm, sports, reading...mostly political, society-critical and historian books...and of yourse science-books.( I also read novels)...Glider-Flying of course (takes a lot of my time, especially the whole weekend), my dog, which is completely crazy...meeting my friend at the Internet. Programming at the PC and of course holding my old PC on running...you really can't imagine how many programs I got on it just because I don't want it to 'crash'...and dreaming...I really dream a lot. And thinking about the future.

Originally posted by TheFraix
Hey guys!

Do you have any other hobbies like sports or music? An hobby beside playing games (including WC).

Me myself... I happen to like gymnastics and swimming. I also read many books and like to chat about... virtually anything. Sometimes, I also enjoy hearing to people and let them voice their opinions (just as we are doing now).

So, what's your hobbies?

(I hope it's not just eating a lot and not enough exercise.)

Ok here's my list

Ok playing Computer (of course)

Driving bicycle

Going into the library to loan CDs for four weeks and burn them (ok no one read this one... actually I BUY quite a lot CDs, too, and all my computer games are bougth, btw)

Go into discos and so on and drink a lot (well I try to limit it so that it is not that dangerous... People in Denmark usually drink as if they were alcoholics... and many become that, too)

Sometimes I play guitar, but I don't have time

I am also interested in aviation and would like to try modelplanes or sailplanes, but right now I have to concentrate for my "studentereksamen ("abitur" in german, graduation), that means I have a lot to do for school.

Boy, TheFraix, you sure are curious. :)

Well, for myself...

I'm not a game player, to be honest with you. I get pissed too easily if I lose, so I mainly just stick to Wing Commander.

I read a lot. I have maybe 200 books (and, wouldn't ya know, Dune's my favorite of 'em all!) crammed in my bedroom right now. I am seriously running out of space. I also like to write, as any who have checked out my fanfic here at the CIC have realized. My last WC, Band of Brothers, kind of... well, faded into oblivion. I'm working on a non-WC, fantasy story now entitled The Mandate. It's coming along nicely, and once I finish that, I may come back to BoB, but with a less ambitious plot. ;)

I also listen to a lot of music, mostly rock. Into The Doors and Stone Temple Pilots right now, which is cool. Like Van Morrison and Sinatra, too, which is kind of a departure from the stuff I usually listen to. As of this moment, however, I'm listening to some Dave Matthews Band.

One of my main interests is history, particularly U.S. history, although ancient history, especially Roman, fascinates me as well. I'm definitely majoring in history of some sort when I get into college in a couple years.

Well, that was a nice little "get-to-know-Dralthi5" moment.

Originally posted by Dralthi5
My last WC, Band of Brothers, kind of... well, faded into oblivion.
Yeah, we noticed :).

One of my main interests is history, particularly U.S. history, although ancient history, especially Roman, fascinates me as well.
Noticed that, too ;).

Though maybe I should read them one time. I have to say...what I find a pity, that my English isn't so good (especially the vocabulary) that I would be able to read them without a dictionary (that's really a contrast...if my teacher would know that he would declare me crazy, because in English in written form I am always under the 3 best in my class *LOL*).... And for that I don't have the time....and I doesn't make very much fun. So I let it. One thing more I maybe should do one time.
And music...hm nearly everything what is modern except Rap. I really don't like Rap. My favourite bands at the moment are Dido, Enigma, Scooter, Rednex, Ramstein, Roxette, Metallica. You see...I really listen to many different directions...:)

Originally posted by Manjana
And music...hm nearly everything what is modern except Rap. I really don't like Rap. My favourite bands at the moment are Dido, Enigma, Scooter, Rednex, Ramstein, Roxette, Metallica. You see...I really listen to many different directions...
I'll say :). Apart from my older brother, I didn't think there was anybody out there who would put Roxette next to Metallica on their "favourites" list ;).

;) No one...it is little different from normal. But there will also be more such people.
And I found one thing I also really don't like...the Backstreet Boys etc Shit!!! If I see the girls at concert, shouting, crying, falling...I get Akne on my backside if I hear/see them!!! The music is absolute shit, the text is absolute shit and they move absolutely shit and they look like the biggest shit I've ever seen!! But not only BSB...all those house-made boybands!
Sorry for those hard-words but that's exactly what I and most normal boys I know who don't understand that girls think about that *******...it was harmless. If I 'd say what I really think about them the words would be harder than just the normal 'shit'.....

HAHA this guy sounds enviously!!
I don't care about BsB as long as i don't have to hear one of their songs!!!
But hey want some real good music try
AIR or Sigur Ros!!

I want to...still have to go to school for 2 years.
And then I'll...
And how...hm it is allowed since autumn last year. Women in Germany may go to Bundeswehr. It was a dicision by the European Law Court. One women wanted and was not allowed so she went through the Law Courts and landed at the highest Europen one. And they gave her right...I will always thank her.
And how I can...tell me why I couldn't? And that I am different from most girls you can see in the thread below or just because of being female and being here....as WC fan.

There are lots of women in the military in the US... in fact, one of the most interesting WC fans I know is a woman who's ex-Air Force...

Ya.......Air Force would be cool...
But in Germany it is just possible since last year.
I'll join Navy or Army...

Manjana, I totally agree with you on boy bands. *ack!ack!* My sister's friend dragged her to an N'Sync concert once. I felt so bad for her. :(

Back