Wing Commander affected our lives

Originally posted by RFBurns
With all the screaming going on at those concerts, how the heck can you even hear the music?!

With luck, you can't.

^Death_

Originally posted by Quarto
Apart from my older brother, I didn't think there was anybody out there who would put Roxette next to Metallica on their "favourites" list ;).
Perhaps not those two in particular, but among the music I like are Offspring and Mariah Carey. :)

Is it everywhere so crass? The girls on that concert first crie, then they scream hysterical, throw roses and teddy bears at their darling on which are love-letters which they never read, the teddy-bears are spent to poor children and at least the girls faint. I mean first you really pay 100 marks or much more for the concert, have to camp in front of the hall 2 days before to get a place and all scream you hear nothing and around you all faint...that's crazy...just here or everywhere?

Originally posted by Dralthi5
Manjana, I totally agree with you on boy bands. *ack!ack!* My sister's friend dragged her to an N'Sync concert once. I felt so bad for her.
An awful fate indeed... couldn't you at least give her a gun? ;)

But Wedge... Mariah Carey? Ugh, I can't stand her - her "singing" is so high-pitched that it damn near turns my brain into jelly.

Oh, if I should I'd throw the cards away, the last thing I'd do is going there. Not for 1000 marks! I never understood my female classmates who had a phase where they collected everything they could get from BSB and/or N'Sync
it was so **** (I don't have any word for that...).
But Quarto...even if I agree with you concerning Mariah Carey..it is his opinion:) What would happen if we all had the same taste...? I also wouldn't ever buy a CD of her.

How reassuring that most of the WC fans here do not match the cliché of the fat/skinny, lonely computer nerd without interests outside their PC. :) Of course, maybe those who do match those clichés haven't posted yet...
Let me start! I don't do a lot of sport, except for walking the dog sometimes. A lot of reading, listening to music (when I am in the right mood, but then I do it for hours) and I am a great fan of role-playing games. Sadly our groups keep breaking up...
So that covers most of my hobbies. Of course I like hanging around with friends, although I do not drink very much, whereas most of my friends already seem rather addicted to it. But it is fun to watch them tumble around! :)

P.S.: Metallica rules!

Originally posted by Manjana
But Quarto...even if I agree with you concerning Mariah Carey..it is his opinion:) What would happen if we all had the same taste...? I also wouldn't ever buy a CD of her.
Of course it is - but what would happen if nobody ever commented on other people's taste? :)

Originally posted by Quarto
Originally posted by Dralthi5
Manjana, I totally agree with you on boy bands. *ack!ack!* My sister's friend dragged her to an N'Sync concert once. I felt so bad for her.
An awful fate indeed... couldn't you at least give her a gun? ;)

Despite what Cadfael says, most American teenagers can't get a gun. :)

Originally posted by Manjana
The girls on that concert first crie, then they scream hysterical...

I think it's been like that for many, many years. Didn't girls do that for the Beatles?

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
P.S.: Metallica rules!

Right on!

You can get a gun everywhere...even here in Germany. But what brings it??? Killing my classmated would be fun..though. I really hate them. But going in prison for that a*******? Never. I'll just never go to class-meetings later... And that 2 years Ill have to live with their insults. Until it ends. In that case violence isn't a solution like some kids in the USA and even here have chosen...What would you do with it?
And Quarto: Of course we can discuss about it....you can discuss about everything. But opinions become not very often changed...

WC does surely bring a lot of people to this forum, despite geographical location.

Kids, teens or even adults like us would really like to live up to certain ideals, suck as Chris 'Maverick' Blair.

In WC Academy we noticed that Blair is a by-the-book type of guy, in the contrary with Maniac who's is trying to compete with Blair in every sense. Oftenly Maniac consorts to insults and name calling... and even tries to provoke Blair's anger.

----
Blair just sat on his cockpit when a voice yelled at him.
"Hey Maverick! We know who's better in the flight simulator..."
'Not again,' thought Blair. 'That's it. I'm going to teach him a lesson he would never forget...'
---- Wing Commander Academy Episode 1: The Red and Blue---

But, guess what... even though they had their own ways and differences and even principles, they still manage to unite together when a real Kilrathi destroyer was hiding in the nebulae nearby.

If people start insulting you and name calling, so what?
Why not ignore them and think of the principles we adore and try to live to it?

Originally posted by TheFraix

If people start insulting you and name calling, so what?
Why not ignore them and think of the principles we adore and try to live to it?

What other option would you have?

[Edited by Dekkar on 04-21-2001 at 21:29]

I don't want to give myself up with repeating those stupid things which my classmates say...it would bother you. Just so much...even if I try to ignore it. It hurts...only people who made it with know how much it hurts to be hit in the verbal way and sometimes in the physical one for years (I got a point under my eye, which was made by two classmates. One held me, the other tried in a sadistical way to put a splash pencil in my eye...at this time I was maybe 7 or 8 years...I didn't understand...my luck is he only failed. But I still got the splash of the pencil 0,5 cm under my eye. The guy left school one year later. I only find it worth remarking that the teacher was in the room as they did.). What would your WC ideas say to that?
I learned to live with having no friends in my class. I only hate my classmates. Not all but most. The reason is in my eyes that my mother is disabled...some important leaders in the class are right-radical...though. I always thought little different because of that ( I was further in my development in the early years)...that they also didn't like. I am also till a point with guilty...but I can't change it. The situation cannot be changed. Only by leaving school, but for that is it two years before my examination too late.
I'll live with it...I did for years and the last years I can also make...maybe that's the reason why I am sometimes hard....:)

Back