Wing Commander affected our lives

You bought a PC for WC?
My case was the contrast one: If I had no PC, I had no WC (I only went on PC markets, after I got the old PC from my father. There I found P. and it began...:)).

Well I did have computers long before 1990, but I meant that if it werent for WC, I wouldnt have wanted to continue buying newer PC's.

RFB

what's so special about the FOG option on WCP anyway? What does it do? Does it really make that much of a difference for it to require 3dfx instead of D3D?

I found the difference was worth the buy... (Hmm, I have the impression that this sentence was grammatically not correct...)

Could you describe to me what impact it has on the gameplay? I just ordered a Voodoo 3 card and am wondering it I should have just stuck it out or not.

I was afraid that you would ask that :) It has been now almost a year that I played WCP with 3dfx since I upgraded my machine with a GeForce... From my memory, it was smoother and brighter with 3dfx. And in D3D I had no or crappy reticles and no nav cross but this seems to have been a specific problem of my card, not a general problem.
Sorry, I am no too much of a help...

Oh, well that's okay then, no problem for me... from what I here, I made a good choice wiht a Voodoo. On my D3D card you can see the textured lines on the backround effects, and the backround effects are very dark.

Originally posted by TheFraix
I'm thinking about closing this thread within a week or so from now.
Closing this thread? And how exactly do you plan to accomplish that? :)

lol
did someone just say that they had just bought a voodoo 3
this is funny
im planning upgrade to Geforce 3 and u want Voodoo 3!
hehe
id sell u mine but im gonna keep it for my spare PC

But if the first post is from him ????

You are right after 120 min, you can´t delete the post.

[Edited by Ghost on 05-01-2001 at 12:32]

Originally posted by Quarto
Only Admins or Mods can close threads :).

Why is that so? I mean I understand why you cannot close other threads, but what with threads you have created? I mean I once had a bad thread that I wanted to delete as it was off-topic...

Can I delete posts?

Thats the best thing to do, buy an older machine and set it up for the older games. Beats trying for hours and hours to get the newer ones to work on the older games. The hardware is so dirt cheap, why not?!

RFB

i ressucitated my 386, to play wc
unfortuantely the HD controller is knacked, so i have to use a boot disk

Back